Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » (Spoiler) Hanger deck in next week's Voyager episode (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: (Spoiler) Hanger deck in next week's Voyager episode
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, you went and screwed everything up...

Please, people, use HTML when posting links! It's much, much easier to work with. On the linking matter, anyways.

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited February 02, 2001).]

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyway, to the Shuttlebay. It's the same CGI set we first saw in "Counterpoint" (which is silly, since I don't think you could fit the Delta Flyer in there - where is it in the picture, anyway?). So what, the Voyager shuttlebay is one big Changeling? THe last time we saw it in "Drive", it was friggin' HUGE. Now it's back to "normal"? Normal being the third different time we saw it? :P

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can build two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder how many photon torpedoes it'll take to destroy the Klingon ship - since it only took one or two in "The Way of the Warrior"

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Please, people, use HTML when posting links! It's much, much easier to work with. On the linking matter, anyways.

Or someone fixes that bug.

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a D7 Class Cruiser, crew compliment of 204, which Paris says "was retired decades ago". The ship is at least 100 years old too.

I wonder why it has modern consoles and graphics though? Shouldn't it be using the old buttons or something if it's that old?

------------------
"No, 3 & 6 are mandatory, so you only have to do them if you want"

Alex, fellow classmate, trying to explain an assignment (2/2/01)

[This message has been edited by The359 (edited February 07, 2001).]

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be another oversight on the set designers' part, or perhaps storyline related? Who knows, I think we read way too much into small faults like that. Personally I think I'm going to be happy with the episode in general. It is on in one hour here and I'm eager to see it.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stupid Klingons.

Stupid, stupid, stupid Klingons. Did the lead Klingon remind anyone else of Avery Brooks?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Forum Member Who Shall Be Nameless. 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw the episode...and that's a pretty big shuttlebay. There was a Type-9 near the back, and then the Delta Flyer was sticking out the side!!!!

------------------
"Oh for fuck's sake, stop your moaning,
If you fancy a threesome at this time of night, you can't get start getting choosey about which particular three!
-Queer As Folk, UK

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it my imagination or did the shuttle bay just DOUBLED in size or what?

Overall, OK episode. I was amused.

------------------
"Okashii na... namida ga nagareteru. Hitotsu mo kanashikunai no ni."
(That's funny... my tears are falling. And I'm not sad at all.) - Quatre Raberba Winner

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So TPTB are trying to wiggle out of the "too small a bay" problem by making the bay L-shaped instead of I-shaped, with the parking pocket for the DF in the new branch?

This won't solve the main door size problem, but at least we don't have to pretend the DF could squeeze through that internal door seen behind that type-9 any more. We can assume it's parked in that pocket all the time, and the camera angles in the previous episodes just failed to show this part of the bay.

Timo Saloniemi

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, you just don't get it, do you?
The DF has been outfitted with the very latest technological breakthroughs the Delta Quadrant has to offer. Including the so-called "zip-cloak" which reduces the size of the craft by around 50 percent without any changes in the external appearance!!!

(Or did I spend too much time last night installing the latest version of Winzip and reading about Harry Potter and the flying car that was huge on the inside but normal size on the outside?) ;-))

------------------
RIMMER [as Ace]: "Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas."

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought everyone knew that the Intrepid-class shuttelbays were designed by a combined team from Jurai & Gallifrey under direction of Washu using only the very best in transdimensional spatial technology.

------------------
"You just push off....and the falling sort of happens on its own." ---Dave Titus

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, you're right. I forgot to mention that. Thanx!!

------------------
RIMMER [as Ace]: "Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas."

ASDB_J
Member # 312

- posted      Profile for ASDB_J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See my reply in the other thread about the K'tinga.

Also, it had the impulse engines on the rear of the wing p/s, so it's a K'tinga. The only thing I can think of, is that somewhere along the 100-yr journey they did a fraction of the time-traveling or space-hopping that Starfleet crews seem to do, and they got a refit to have torpedoes in the deflector, extra hull plating, and the p/s impulse engines.

:-P

...nah, they just F-ed up yet again.

~ Jason :-)

------------------
STAR TREK: BEYOND - http://stbeyond.homestead.com

Get ready for a dual-ship series dealing with multiple timelines.... *grins*

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a special mission ship, I'd imagine that it was outfitted quite nicely before being sent on a mission that my never end. Any idea that the outfitters felt was going to be needed, on or off drawing boards at the time they were working on getting it ready.
How many new ideas did the outfitters of this mission come up with that were later incorporated in to new designs?

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps