Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Micro machines (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Micro machines
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a different idea of fun, it seems, Which may well be why I have a killer hangover. 8)

------------------
"I rather strongly disagree, even if I share the love of Dick. Speaking of which, that would be the most embarrasing .sig quote ever, so never use it."

- Simon Sizer, 23/01/2001

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Micro Machines have been around for a LONG time. Star Trek and Star Wars micro machines have only been around for oh 10 years or so.

------------------
"Life sucks, then you die"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same set Andrew's talking about. I opened it, of course. I ended up losing a few ships, and in the end, whatever ships I had were cut up and rearranged to make new ships...

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have alot of duplicates of almost every ship. Toys-R-Us sold the 3 packs for a dollar each including Star Wars. Woo Hoo!

Unfortunately these ships after a while start to turn in a shade of yellow.

------------------
Predict the unpredictable, but how do you unpredict the unpredictable?

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got the first two of those big packs, with the "All Good Things..." ships included. They're not too bad for such small toys. I ended up repainting a few of them to make them more "realistic" -- for instance, the Ambassador Class does NOT have a red navigational deflector!

I also tried a neat trick that unfortunately didn't work. I noticed that the MicroMachine model of the Defiant was almost the same scale as my AMT/ERTL model of Deep Space Nine, so I tried to glue the Defiant to one of the docking ports. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the glue to hold on without other supports, and it looked kind of ugly with a paper clip scotch-taped to the side of the docking pylon. Oh, well....

------------------
You know, you really should keep a personal log. Why bore others needlessly?
The Gigantic Collection of Star Trek Minutiae

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Quote) Altair: I almost got the Ent-E Captain's Yacht. Yes that one exists as micro machine, I saw it myself. (End Quote)

You lie! j/k, but seriously, the Ent-E Captain's Yacht wasn't seen on screen untill Dec '98. The Star Trek micro machines line was discontinued in '97. How could the Ent-E Captians Yacht exist as a MM when the STMM line was discontinued 1 year before the Ent-E cpt's Yacht was seen on screen?

------------------
If anyone has a Star wars action fleet E-wing starfighter or Tie defender toy they want to sell, please E-mail me at [email protected]

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, it's not really a Micro-Machine. The Playmate's Enterprise-E model featured a detacheable "Captain's Yacht", which is what I believe is being refered to here.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."
--Paul Begala, Is Our Children Learning?

MIB
Ex-Member

It makes perfect sense to me that hasbro, or galoob, or whoever makes MM, bring back the Star Trek MM line. When the �MM makers� dropped everything to concentrate on Star Wars, they used allot of the material they had very quickly. (Name one Star Wars
vehicle or ship that hasn�t been manufactured as a micro machine.) Now with Episode 2 is still 2 or 3 years away there�s not much for the �MM makers� to do where Star Wars is concerned. As a matter of fact many toy companies made a huge surplus of Star Wars
stuff, especially episode 1 stuff. They figured that with all the hype about Star Wars that was directed at kids and so forth, customers would buy out most of the Star Wars stuff manufacturers produced, no matter how much Star Wars stuff they produced. Needless to
say, this wasn�t the case. Now, to this day, manufacturers are still trying to get rid of their
surplus Star Wars sh*t. I say melt them down and turn them into Star Trek stuff. The following is some of the ships/vehicles the �MM�makers� can make into micromachines:

For DS9

Dominion Battlecruiser
Dominion Battleship
Hidiki Class Cardassian ship
Breen Warship---(I want this as a MM so bad.....)
U.S.S. Centaur
U.S.S. Curry---(Why make 2 micro machines that have only been on screen for a few seconds you ask? I say, �Why not?� After all, They made a MM of the Nebula-class U.S.S. Farragaut. And the Farragaut was seen in ST:G for 5 or 6 seconds at most.)
Romulan Shuttle
Gorn Light Cruiser---(Now, I know the Gorn never made an appearance in DS9, but the producers of DS9 were making plans for the Gorn to show up. They went as far as making sketch designs for what the Gorn Light Cruiser would look like. But, at the very last minute, the producers decided not to have the Gorn appear. That was a dicision,that to this day, I could kill the producers for making. Besides the Gorn Light cruiser looks very cool! If you�re a regular reader of ST Magazine, you probably saw the sketches of
the Gorn light cruiser. I dare you to disagree with the fact that the Gorn Light Cruiser
looks good!!!! )

For the Star Trek Movies

Akira-class starship---(technically the �MM makers� can put this one with the DS9 and
VOY collections too.)
Steamrunner-class starship---(If the �MM makers� could just make ONE new stmm, I hope it would be this one!)
Saber-class starship
Norway-class starship
Son�a battleship
Rua�fu�s flagship
Ejector Collector
Ent-E shuttle
Holoship
Federation Scout Ship---(Also known by fans as the Venture class starship)
Son�a shuttle
Ent-E Captains Yacht
Ent-A shuttle---(circa Star Trek V)

For Voyager

Delta Flyer---(This one couldn�t be more obvious could it?)
Krenim time ship---(this would make one kick ass MM )
Species 8472 bioship
Borg Diamond
The big Hirogen hunting vessel
The small Hirogen hunting vessel
Timeship Aeon
Malon Freighter
U.S.S. Prometheus---(This could be a 3 piece set on it�s own! If someone makes a MM out of this, they BETTER make it so that you can split it into 3 parts.)
U.S.S. Relativity---(DRRRROOOOOOOOLLLL!!!)
U.S.S. Equinox
Jupiter station
S.S. Raven
Species 8472 biodome station
U.S.S. Dauntless---(DOUBLE DRRRROOOOOOOOLLLL!!!)
Voth city ship
Subspace catapult
Borg tactical cube
Kes� shuttle
Hirogen training station
Vaddwar ship
The floating hospital station---(I can�t remember what episode the floating hospital staion showed up in)

That�s is all I can think of from the top of my head. Does anybody want to add any more?

------------------
If anyone has a Star wars action fleet E-wing starfighter or Tie defender toy they want to sell, please E-mail me at [email protected]

[This message has been edited by MIB (edited February 28, 2001).]

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, first you need Paramount's licence back, and it was Paramount who took it away from Galoob in the first place (so that some other company could focus on their own line of star trek, but i forget the name).

------------------
"You put the geeks on the left and the stalkers on the right and you run for daylight up the middle"
- William Shatner, discussing a Star Trek Convention on EW-

Joshua Bell
Member # 327

- posted      Profile for Joshua Bell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At some point I was into customizing ST MMs. Alas, I only have a doctored picture of one online:
http://members.aa.net/~skeksis/Star_Trek/declaration/declaration.html

IIRC, I also have these tucked away in a drawer:

- A Constitution-refit 1701, again made before the release of the real one. This has a pearly white paint job and looks pretty slick.
- A Nebula, made before the release of the real one - I should retrofit it into one of the variants
- A USS Lantree (Miranda II)
- A gray Constellation-class ship
- A USS Centaur
- A "Curry"-class ship
- A "Mediterranean"-class ship - essentially an Excelsior with nacelles slung below.
- A Romulan Warbird without the dorky internal support.

Rather like the real Starfleet, I still have a drawer containing a ton of extra Excelsiors.

I also did up some custom SW AFs:
http://members.aa.net/~skeksis/Star_Wars/index.htm

(MIB - do you have pictures of your T-Wing online?)

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have series 2 of the TNG micromacines... how much can I sell them for? .... ah crap. details later boss is comming

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX StudiosThe United Federation Uplink
------------------
Janeway: "Dimissed"
Neelix: [stands there dumbfounded] "b..but.."
Janeway: "That's Starfleet for get out"

MIB
Ex-Member

Joshua Bell!!!! *get's on his knees and bows down before him* I've come across your website nearly a year ago, and I must say your customs are awesome!!! As a matter of fact, I've built several custom SW AF T-wing starfighters based on the one you have on your website. I hope to some day build a Tie Phantom, but I haven't gathered up the balls to try and build the aft section from scratch. I also am hoping to build my own custom tie defender, but, so far, I've been too cheap to shell out 30 or 40 dollars to get two tie interceptors from ebay.
When it comes to things I've been actually working on, I have been working on my own Tie design. I call it the Tie Dagger. I'm using a single Tie interceptor to build it.
As for posting a few pics of my T-wings, I have one problem. I don't know how. Can anyone help me out in that department?

------------------

[This message has been edited by MIB (edited March 04, 2001).]

MIB
Ex-Member

I was wondering. Does anybody have any spare or used Star Wars Action Fleet stuff? I looking for the following:
3 Tie Interceptors
2 Tie Fighters
1 B-wing Starfighter
1 Darth Vader's Tie Fighter

Keep in mind I'm not looking for mint stuff. All I ask is that the pilot and display stand be available.
One more thing I'd like to ask Mr. Bell. Do you know what color piant I should use for a custom SW AF Tie? Could you also tell me what kind of paint I shuold use?

------------------

MIB
Ex-Member

And another thing. Wouldn't be super cool if they realeased Star Trek: Starfleet Command Micro machines? With the Mirak or Federation dreadnought. Or maybe a Federation Distoyer. hmmmmmm federation distroyer......... Or, better yet, a Gorn battleship.

------------------

Joshua Bell
Member # 327

- posted      Profile for Joshua Bell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I've used the same gray twice on my toys. I used a few of the intermediate gray spray paints from Testors on my ships.

None of the Galoob AF TIEs were the same color (Vader's - light gray; TIE - light blue; Interceptor & Bomber - dark blue; Defender - dark gray), so pretty much anything in that range will work.

The sprays give a much better coat than brushing. Follow the directions and mask off the parts you don't want to paint and spray from at least 30cm away. If you need to do details, spray onto some aluminum foil to accumulate some paint and then use a brush - then you don't have to try color matching.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps