Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ships Named Enterprise... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ships Named Enterprise...
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No.

[This message has been edited by Siegfried (edited February 20, 2001).]

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seigfried: What exactly did you have to edit in your one-word post?

------------------
Star Trek: Legacy

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps his smiley?

One of TPTB (I forget which one) said in an interview that the new series wouldn't be pre-TOS, didn't he? What was the exact quote? What I'm getting at is that it may be Enterprise B after all, because that ain't pre-TOS.

------------------
Disclaimer:
"All references to vices and of the supernatural contained in this game are for entertainment purposes only. _Over_The_Edge_ does not promote satanisim, belief in magic, drug use, violence, sexual deviation, body piercing, cynical attitudes toward the government, freedom of expression, or any other action or belief not condoned by the authorities."
- `OverTheEdge'

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are conflicting rumors. As many people have said it IS pre-TOS as they say it's not. Honestly, going out and saying "it's not the rumors on the net" is what was said, but that could be a smokescreen.

For that matter, maybe the "Birth..." rumor is a deliberate attempt by TPTB to spread dis-information. WOOHOO!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."
--Paul Begala, Is Our Children Learning?

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe what happened was that some interviewer spoke with Ron Moore, and one of the questions specifically regarded the show being set in pre-TOS. Moore answered the question as if this was indeed the case. Later, Moore went on record to deny that the show was set in pre-TOS, and that the interviewer had misquoted him.

First, if this is true (which I don't know for sure), then one of two things might be determined here. Either Moore accidentally "blew the whistle" and then tried to cover it up, or he really did get misquoted. Either way, we're still back to square one. At this point, I really don't care anymore.

------------------
Lisa: "Don't you remember the story of Oedipus?"
Homer: "Maybe five dollars will refresh my memory."
Lisa (angrily): "Oedipus was the story of a man who kills his father and marries his mother!"
Homer: "Uggh! Who pays for that wedding?"

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are you assuming that we are gonna be seeing an old ship in Series V? I'm hoping for a newer ship or better yet.... an Akira-Class starship.

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX StudiosThe United Federation Uplink
------------------
Janeway: "Dimissed"
Neelix: [stands there dumbfounded] "b..but.."
Janeway: "That's Starfleet for get out"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The guy (his name escapes me) who helped design the Sovereign-Class is designing the "new" ship for Series V.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Eaves.

By not real, I meant non-Starfleet. The Relativity was the ship from the season 4 finale of Voyager right? Wasn't that ship a fake?

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the ship you mean is the USS Dauntless NX-01A from VOY Hope and Fear. That ship was a fake.

The Relativity was the 29th century Starfleet time ship from VOY Relativity (season 5).

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeffkarrde: So there's still hope for another series in the same timeframe as Voyager?
If it works I would love it, there's something about a prequel-series that is sad, no cool inventions or breakthroughs that aren't already taken for granted in modern Trek...

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a turnip.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Nimrod,

Well, of course there's still hope, but just 'cuz this guy helped design the -E doesn't mean he'll be designing a TNG/DS9/VOY contemporary starship.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Re'k
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a very good reason for why a ship named Enterprise has a typically shorter lifespan: when something bad happens in the Federation, the president asks his advisors, "Where's the Enterprise?" This is really two questions...
1) Is the Enterprise close enough to respond?
2) Did the Enterprise cause the problem?

At some point in her life, each USS Enterprise will either be close enough to respond to, or be the cause of, a problem it can not solve.

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps