Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » For Treknophyle - Sovvie Stuff (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: For Treknophyle - Sovvie Stuff
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the listing of rooms called out in the Sovvie Cutaway poster that I promised. There's a lot of other equipment listed and some really interesting stuff that is illustrated but not called out. And here's a link to the only scan I could easily make:
http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/SovvieCut.jpg

Here's the list:
Secondary Shuttle Bay
Main Engineering
Primary Personnel Transporter
EVA Hatch
Lower Dish Torpedo Room
Primary ODN Trunks and Center Core Structure
Advanced Biological Cargo Area
Port and Starboard Computer Core
Forward Viewing Lounge�
Forward Cargo bays 11 and 12
Secondary Forward Navigational Deflector
Botanical Arboretum
Computer Science Lab
Eleven Forward
VIP Stateroom
Sickbay and Infirmary
Main Holodecks
Main Forward Viewing Lounge
Officer�s Mess Hall
Bridge Airlock
Captain�s Ready Room
Main Bridge
Officer�s Observation Lounge
Aft Viewing Lounge
Officer�s Quarters
Stellar Cartography
Aft Airlock
Jefferies Tubes
Shuttle Flight Control
Main Shuttle Bay
Shuttle Maintenance
Aft Cargo
Nacelle Control Room

------------------
"You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the ole' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm. In "First Contact", when Picard and Alfre are walking down the corridors, what is that rail thing in the middle of the corridor? When they're talking about all the metal needed to build the ship ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."
--Paul Begala, Is Our Children Learning?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya, I know! I wish we could get a little info on where they were supposed to be. It looked like some kind of special room, but there's not really any detail to suggest where they are.

I can't find anything on the poster that really looks like that area either.

Other rooms to add to this list would be the Library and Riker's bath tub (sorry, but any area of the ship in which a naked Marina Sirtis is bathing deserves a mention) from Insurrection.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Aban Rune (edited February 26, 2001).]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I almost soiled my pants, what a pic!

What are those giant broccoli-stems next to the turbolifts supposed to be, pray tell?

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His turnip not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Looks to be an arboretum or some other recreational area.

------------------

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abane Rune:

Thanks! The list was all I really needed - I wanted to ensure that I hadn't forgotten any essential rooms or equipment. And I didn't.

All:
I am working on a 3d schematic of the Intrepid (internal details). When it is finished, I'll post a few screenshots. Also, I am finalizing the colors used for my flat deck plans (I can change them simultaneously even on completed plans), since I want as close to an LCARS color scheme as possible. Ideas?

I am really leaning towards a CD-ROM release of these - it will allow me to incorporate various 3d movies, etc. I'll probably utilize Director/Shockwave to prtesent an LCARS look - but I still have to figure out how a viewer could pan and zoom.

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's one funky looking computer core.

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

Tech Sergeant Chen
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Tech Sergeant Chen         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think a CD-ROM is a good idea. I can almost guarantee you that before you sell 500 copies, it'll be on Hotline servers everywhere, not to mention people burning copies for their friends. It's a lot easier to copy a CD-ROM than it is to copy large blueprints.

------------------
Never give up. Never surrender.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris: WTF? That's exactly what I was going to say, right down to the wording... *L*

------------------
"I am slightly disturbed that a news station in the US would use the phrase 'to the max'. What's next? CNN saying 'Totally righteous murders?' BBC News 'Dude, like people were wasted yesterday'. The Times reporting 'Iraq bombed! For Great Justice!'?"
-Liam Kavanagh, 22.Feb.2001

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treknophile: While I like looking at the E-E cutaway poster, too, for the Voyager, shouldn't you be looking at the Voyager cutaway poster...?

--Jonah

------------------
"It's obvious I'm dealing with a moron..."

--Col. Edwards, ROBOTECH

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peregrinus:
I agree. However, all I wanted was a list of compartments.

Tech Sargeant:
I was hoping there was a way to copy-proof these things. Anyways, If I sold a few hundred, I'd probably be happy. Any other ideas?

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

Tech Sergeant Chen
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Tech Sergeant Chen         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Copy protection is very easy to circumvent. Anyone with a fair amount of computer knowledge can figure it out.

[This message has been edited by Tech Sergeant Chen (edited February 26, 2001).]

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the sovvie cuttaway is very awesome and its a shame just to see it on a computer screen. i have it framed at the head of my bed (yeah yeah, i know) and even though it may be only 95% accurate, its still really nice looking. Now i have to find a frame for my Ent-D cuttaway. hehe.

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX StudiosThe United Federation Uplink
------------------
Janeway: "Dimissed"
Neelix: [stands there dumbfounded] "b..but.."
Janeway: "That's Starfleet for get out"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look! They even have a Stellar Cartography - like from Generations...

What ships have they done these sort of cut aways for (as in the big-arsed posters)

I've seen

the E-D
the E-nil
the E-A
the E-E
the Phoneix
and a Bird of Prey...

oh - and that REALLY crappy DS9 version - where the insides are SO out of scale - the station ends up being only about 10m diameter

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Voyager...

--Jonah

------------------
"It's obvious I'm dealing with a moron..."

--Col. Edwards, ROBOTECH

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps