Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » For Treknophyle - Sovvie Stuff (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: For Treknophyle - Sovvie Stuff
Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew's post made me think of something: A local hobby shop had a framed copy of the DS9 cutaway poster hanging on it's wall so I asked to have a good look at it. One thing I noticed is that the poster actually lists dimensions for the station. I remember the diameter listed as being something very close to 800m - about half the size the VFX people would have us believe.

Even so, the proposed structure of the station in the DS9 Tech Manual general plans (in the back of the book) conform much better to a 800m diameter than to 1.5km. Also, the 800m figure makes sense given the size of the runabout and if we assume the Defiant is 120m. It seems to me that the scaling paradox and the station are best friends.

I realise I've gone off topic and I apologise - I just couldn't resist .

------------------
"Life's too short to be pissed off all the time." (Danny Vinyard, American History X)
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that's a good solution except that the station would look amazingly small next to all the other big ships.

Boris

------------------
I'm not the Boris Skrbic on the Grafitti Wall website

dih1138
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the actual print of the poster represent the whole ship? Is it colored pencil or computer colored? Is it by the same artist as the posters that came with AMT/ERTLE model kits? Where did you obtain this? Were the other posters mentioned of similar quality to the AMT/ERTLE posters?

------------------
-dih1138

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps