Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Maps of Naval Battles? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Maps of Naval Battles?
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd resurrect it because I finally finished another of my battle maps and wanted to know what you guys thought.
http://www.st-minutiae.com/academy/history162/map4-3.htm

I can also post my preliminary text account of the battle if anyone's interested, although it's not completely finished yet.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it.

'bit dark though. Could you try using the same colors as a standard Okudagram battle scene?

BTW: The cone idea was brilliant.

Use of shading would allow cone to appear 3d.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the idea -- a 3D cone definitely would make a bit more sense. (I'm trying to think 3D here, but when you're drawing 2D, there's only so much you can do.)

quote:
BTW: The cone idea was brilliant.

Again, thanks! The idea is that at the end of the first engagement, the bulk of the Romulan ships (red) got away and used sensor countermeasures to avoid detection for a while.

As for the color scheme... I'll see what I can do to brighten things up a bit. But at the same time I want the grid and surrounding space to remain unobtrusive to the main info -- the fleet movements.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW:
Do you read any Honor Harrington?
Your mapping is too good for standard Trek tech - but right up David Weber's alley.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps