Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Star Trek: The Magazine #24 and other info (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Trek: The Magazine #24 and other info
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can't find this magazin here in my local bookstores
though i haven't come close to visiting a diverse selection of bookstores LOL

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One might say that the bussards glow red only when used at very high power. Normally, the Constellations and Mirandas and other LN-64ers of 24th century don't run that hot, but in the war, they were operated at destructive overeall power levels since nothing less would have sufficed.

The DS9 war Mirandas did have some modified hardware, though - they had those pod-mounted impulse engines. This may not have been as major a refit as it sounds like, if the pod really is (semi-) detachable. Just connect the power lines feeding the rollbar phasers to the impulse engines instead...

Timo Saloniemi

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldn't those red lights on the Miranda's pods merely be "warmed-up" launchers? You know, like the Klingon launchers used to do before they fired a torpedo?

------------------
"No, 3 & 6 are mandatory, so you only have to do them if you want"

Alex, fellow classmate, trying to explain an assignment (2/2/01)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought we were talking about the nacelles!?
Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does one access the Rick Sternbach expert forum newsgroup?

------------------
"The Internet. Is that thing still around?"
-Homer Simpson

[This message has been edited by Galen (edited March 12, 2001).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Zandura was posted my yours truly down a few threads. And Sternbach's newsgroup can be accessed via mail program such as Outlook Express or Netscape Messenger.

------------------
"Let's make sure history never forgets the name... Enterprise"
- Alternate Picard, "Yesterday's Enterprise"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN:
quote:
Did the Bra/ittain have a rollbar? If so, it shouldn't be any different than the Reliant. If not, it was the Lantree-type, which they totally left off...

Ah.. mais non...

Br[a/i]ttain definately had a rollbar. The rollbarless thing is an Encyclopedia error. They obviously popped the Relian's rollbar off to make it the Lantree, and had to modify the model again to put it back on again for the Br[a/i]ttain (IIRC there're pictures of this very modification in The Continuing Mission) So adding a greeble-box on the side was probably not out-of-the-question...

------------------
"People have the right to discriminate based on religion."
-Omega, Jan 26
"There is no "seperation of church and state" in the Constitution"
-Omega, Jan 30
"A private business has the right to refuse service to any person or group, be they KKK, black, gay, or neo-nazi, regardless of reason."
-Omega, Feb 24

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you please scan the page with the Prometheus on it?

------------------
"Oh for fuck's sake, stop your moaning,
If you fancy a threesome at this time of night, you can't get start getting choosey about which particular three!
-Queer As Folk, UK

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's spelled Brattain. There was a mis-spell on the dedication plaque. Why is the torp-pod so gigantic on those drawings? Is that really how large they are?
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It's spelled Brattain. There was a mis-spell on the dedication plaque."

I love it when people finally declare the answer to something. Especially, an issue like this, a SWDAO, which simply needed Daniel to say exactly what happened.

Perhaps we should let him decide the Melbourne issue, as well.

------------------
"I WANT A POST VOY SERIES STAR TREK ORIGINAL MESSAGE WAS LOOKING FORWARD NOT LOOKING BACK."

-Darkstar

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps