Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Yeager Class in Dominion Wars game? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Yeager Class in Dominion Wars game?
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But if Starfleet _would_ have put effort into creating a battle fleet, they'd kick Klingon, Romulan and Cardassian butt at the same time. Just look at the Defiant, which is acording to Dukat the most powerfull warship in the Alpha Quadrant (Okay, the Rommies and Klingon are mostly in the Beta Quadrant).

------------------
Terry: "Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, ...."
Max: "And?"
Terry: "I forgot."
Max: "Come on, Clinton was the fun one, then came the boring one."
Terry: "They're all boring."

- Batman Beyond (aka: Batman of the Future)

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited March 17, 2001).]

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just hoping that in this game they won't go overboard with all the special weapons they tend to add to these games. Does this annoy anyone else here? I mean, they're added mostly to make the game more visually exciting to the average player, but they destroy the sense of Trek technology that we know and love as a consequence. This is probably one of the few reasons I liked "Starfleet Academy" a lot amongst more advanced games - it's got the least new technology introduced ever in a Trek game IMO.

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes... that's one of the chief reasons I am not buying either Armada or Elite Force. (Well, Armada isn't available for Mac anyway, but if it WERE... ) Some of those little bonus weapons are laughably absurd. Photon grenade blasters or whatever with Elite Force and all those crazy superweapons that Starfleet NEVER, EVER (nor anyone else) used in Armada...

That's why I'm really looking forward to the new "Starfleet Command" game -- it appears that they stick fairly closely to the standard Trek methods of combat.

------------------
You know, you really should keep a personal log. Why bore others needlessly?
The Gigantic Collection of Star Trek Minutiae

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They've got Drones, and Missiles and fighters. Oh My!

Actually, it's more 'realistic' as compared to Armada, or whatnot.

------------------
"I WANT A POST VOY SERIES STAR TREK ORIGINAL MESSAGE WAS LOOKING FORWARD NOT LOOKING BACK."

-Darkstar

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the descriptions I saw on the webpage they've got pretty normal weapons in Dominion Wars (except maybe for the spiral wave thingies on the Cardassian ships). But it looks like they're not going to create very weird weapons.

One thing I don't understand is why the Defiant is so damn slow (full impuls speed).

------------------
Terry: "Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, ...."
Max: "And?"
Terry: "I forgot."
Max: "Come on, Clinton was the fun one, then came the boring one."
Terry: "They're all boring."

- Batman Beyond (aka: Batman of the Future)

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited March 17, 2001).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps