Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Decks on the Enterprise-B (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Decks on the Enterprise-B
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you have to have room between decks for equipment and stuff. Lighting, air ducts, force field emiters, gravity plating, equipment trunks, computer interface hardware, etc...

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And those wonderful Jeffries Tubes!

------------------
You know, you really should keep a personal log. Why bore others needlessly?
The Gigantic Collection of Star Trek Minutiae

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The wonderful ever-expanding jeffries tubes ... anyone remember their first TNG appearance? The Hunted. My did they look different ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They really should come up with some sort of sled system or something, carpenters and other workers who sit or crawl on their knees a lot damage the knees pretty fast. A guy I know who used to be a carpenter has wasted his knees totally, he's on painkillers 24-7.
Crawling on those grates like we've seen ensigns do so often is downright crazy. One of the exceptions to Nietzsche's not-so-thought-through statement.

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I'm saying is that you don't have to have room *everywhere* -- maybe there are some areas which simply don't need interfaces, jefferies tubes and such. I mean, what about the two Engineering levels on most ships -- you got this central area completely open.

Boris

------------------
"@%#@&@#The@#@truth$#$# @#@$@points@#@#to@#@$@# itself@#@$@#@$"

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But if you have an open space in a starship then there either is no deck to speak of or (generally) a grating resting on 1ft thick horizontal structural beams. So a 1ft interdeck space would be accounted for. I agree that in those cases you don't NEED the interdeck space to begin with, (it's an open bay), but otherwise, you sort of do. Besides, it would be smarter to make sure everything in terms of decking lined up appropriately, (easier to build, less steps, etc.).
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps