Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Stargazer Bridge - one more time! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Stargazer Bridge - one more time!
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Battle" was on reruns yesterday, and I finally got to observe it with an eye on the actual bridge configuration. After going through the footage a few times, I've been able to reconstruct the bridge mentally.

As suspected, it's not exactly a redress of the TOS movie bridge, as much as it is a redress of the E-D battle bridge that was created from it. Here's the FF diagram of the E-D battle bridge from Fitz's site:
http://fitz8472.hypermart.net/bridges/bbridge_enterprise_d.jpg

As you can see, the battle bridge only uses the aft third of the TOS movie set, and finishes the circle with newbuild walls and wall displays forward of the turbolifts. Then there's the new chairs and forward consoles.

Anyway, here's how you can modify your GCS battle bridge to the Stargazer bridge! First, you put the TOS movie chairs back in the CO, Nav and Helm places, and the Helm/Nav console current as of ST IV (using the Okudagrams of that movie). Don't forget to remove the big tactical console from behind the CO chair.

Then, you take the starboard side freestanding console, turn it around, and prop it against the display screen on the wall. On the port side, you replace the display screen with a large, irregularly-shaped screen and console. You swap the starboard turbolift with a Voyager-esque corridor that arcs portward, yet looks like a turbolift anyway (actually, this corridor may have been borrowed from the Universal Studios' Star Trek attraction of the late 80s, which has an identical corrridor that is supposed to look like a turbolift when the audience actors walk out of it).

Finally, before you sprinkle the set with debris and dust, you clearly mark EVERYTHING with LARGE AND VERY OBVIOUS SIGNS. The aft wall now reads SYSTEMS STATUS, TACTICAL is on the port console, HELM and NAV are on the front of the forward console, and the portside lift is now marked with TURBO LIFT. This is obviously so that anyone on the viewscreen can clearly tell what stations are on the ship, regardless of how nearsighted he is. Oddly enough, the starboard station is the only one not obviously marked.

Result? Your very own Stargazer bridge! Modify yours today!

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

[This message has been edited by Mark Nguyen (edited April 07, 2001).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the Hathaway's bridge better ... especially with the XO having his own command console.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like I'll wait for the ST: Magazine photos of the Stargazer bridge.

------------------
"When I said to get involved in the gay community, I didn't mean to sleep with everyone in it."
Michael_T

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is with that TINY door on the Battle Bridge picture... is it for Picard's 1/8th clone!?!

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BABY STARGAZE ONE MORE TIME!!!

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way aheah of you.
Fact Files #221
http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/sgb1.jpg http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/sgb2.jpg

------------------
We attack tommorow, under cover of daylight!

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great! Now who can post the Reliant's bridge? And what other bridges were published in either the Fact Files, the Magazine, or both?

------------------
[Bart's looking for his dog.]
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About time we saw some 'gazer pics.
Doesn't comment on the mini-door, though... Prolly a jeffries tube to some critical systems that couldn't be reached through other means...

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't that mini door on the battlebridge pic supposed to represent the door to the battlebridge ready room? Ya know, the room Picard briefed Riker on the present situation in EaF and from which Laforge walked out of in AoF. And I still want to see the Reliant bridge, as well as the Saratoga bridges from ST4 and DS9's pilot. Give me the Grissom and the Excelsior from ST3 too. Hell, give me all of them.

------------------
[Bart's looking for his dog.]
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The mini door isn't mini. It's perspective. Someone's already mentioned that the door is the one to the E-D battle bridge ready room. In the episode, this door is wedged open and with debris behind it, thus making it seem even smaller.

Still, kickass scan of hte Stargazer bridge - although it is inaccurate. The Tactical console isn't like that... It's a single integrated unit built into the wall.

Mark

------------------

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's no debris behind it in EaF. And in that pic, it does look rather tiny.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, that's definitely the perspective. You can see in the blueprint that the door is the same width as that of the turbos. Also, according to the deckplans of the Enterprise-D, that door does lead to the readyroom.
Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait a minute! Did somebody say Reliant?! Where?! Where?! Argh, I wish I could get all of these bridges you people have in hardcopy. I got one issue, with the Raven in it, and I downloaded all the other pics I could find at Fitz's page and Ex Astris Scienta. I hunger for these things!
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

The Reliant is in the April edition of the ST Magazine. And according to it, Oberths and Olympics are up next. Looks like one to buy.

Hey, have the Fact Files people released a Hathaway bridge? If so, I must see it... That's got to be one of the most unusual Federation ship bridges ever. And I though the seat next tot he CO chair was the Tactical console? Riker did invite Work to join the Hathaway crew as the Tac officer...

Mark

------------------

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. That tiny door, IS to the Ready Room.
2. Its not small because of perspective... the person/people who did the pic - wanted to cut away the wall there - which they did, and instead of cutting away the door too, it got reduced (?by accident?) instead of being cut off halfway up, like the cut off of the door on the first Stargazer bridge pic... this time they cut away on the Starboard side, but DO cut away at the door too.
3. That little door, is just a stuff up, but it LOOKS hilarious, like some little crewmember will come out of there!

Andrew

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps