Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » New Sternbach Interview - Voyager Sets (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Sternbach Interview - Voyager Sets
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, nothing on those sickbay doors. But lots about the rest of the sets, and their histories.
http://www.trektoday.com/news/080401_02.shtml

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... Series V is gonna have a lot of sets...

I agree it's kinda sad that these things have to be axed, but such is theatre and film. The worst part is when the set gets struck the same might as a final performance of a play. Sheesh.

I'm surprised that some crazy/loony millionaire Trekkie didn't just buy the bridge set off them, or donate it to a museum somewhere. If the Smithsonian has the Enterprise 1701 model....

------------------
"I can be creative when I have a good idea. That just happens way too rarely."
-Omega, April 6

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think any of us are serious enough to earn a million dollars.

------------------
Not even a god can deny that I have squared the circle of a static Earth and cubed the Earth sphere by rotating it once to a dynamic Time or Life Cube.
--
Gene Ray
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" Or don't. You know, whatever.

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The warp core is g-gone? WAAAAAAAAH! I loved that thing. It was the coolest set piece. And the bridge, engineering, sickbay ... *sniff* It's so sad. I bet that great rail around the core was scrapped too.

*Sigh* But as was said, such is showbiz. We scrapped the sets for the high school's production of Fiddler on the Roof the day after closing night. Two standing houses, 2 carts, a waterpump, benches, tables, a railroad station ... It was a b*tch to move, but I'll miss it.

I can't wait to see what the new sets are though.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still a little upset that there is no more Ops or Promenade!

P.S. I think that the Engineering set for Voyager was one of the best Sets in Trek history... it was VERY well done, I liked how they spaced out the section behind the Warp Core... and how they had a full on level two set... that was nice!

P.P.S. The Warp Core gone, but the left of the set still there... do I smell a Warp Core ejection for the finale...

I wonder if we'll ever get to see the Aerowing Shuttle!?!
------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited April 09, 2001).]

dih1138
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the aerowing shuttle?

------------------
Ian Hughes

IP: Logged
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Aerowing Shuttle is the captain's yacht-like shuttle attached to the saucer underside of Voyager. It looks like a runabout with wings.

------------------
[Bart's looking for his dog.]
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

dih1138
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where might one find a photo or illustration of such a thing?

------------------
Ian Hughes

IP: Logged
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here ya go. http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/voyager-aeroshuttle.jpg

------------------
[Bart's looking for his dog.]
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I�d love to see that thing. Unfortunately, I really don�t think we�ll see it in the show. But when we discussed this aerowing-thingy, somebody mentioned that there exists raw footage of the aerowing detaching and flying of. I for one would like to get a hold of a copy of that!

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm, nice detailed photo... I wonder if it was taken of the original model, or that big one (so I've heard) at the Star Trek Experience?

It does have a Runabout look, the front looks a little more pointed...

Maybe it looks more like that speedboat shuttle?

We can see the RCS thrusters.

What about those white panels... I assume that this would have to have deployable landing gear, because well, the surface looks curved... (for atmospheric reentry?) and it doesn't have those rough 'pads' that the Danube Class runabout had on the bottom of its nacelles...

I assume that the nacelles would be of the Voyager type too, with the red bussards just showing on the top...

I wonder what those grey trapeziums would be... if the landing gear is deployed... they might be a ramp down to the ground, like the BOP from Star Trek IV...

Also, look at that lonely little lifeboat!

Heh, its probably for the people who can't fit in the aerowing shuttle during evac.

Hmmmm, in "Year Of Hell" did we only see the escape pods ejecting, or did we also see the shuttles being used for evacuation? IF there were shuttles used as well, why not the Aerowing... Wouldn't it make sense to use shuttles?? to tow the connected lifeboats?
Andrew

------------------

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited April 10, 2001).]

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking at the aerowing sideways, as you can in the schematics in the encyclopedia, it looks like a standard aeroplane. http://w1.314.telia.com/~u31412332/new/shuttle.htm
Very streamlined and nice.

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if the sickbay set is gone too? If so, that means it won't be used for the Enterprise-E...

------------------
Terry: "Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, ...."
Max: "And?"
Terry: "I forgot."
Max: "Come on, Clinton was the fun one, then came the boring one."
Terry: "They're all boring."

- Batman Beyond (aka: Batman of the Future)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Well, that MSD display, doesn't really match with the bottom, what we can see, so I would take the top as much 'fact'...

------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Just about the Sickbay set... Isn't that another set that had it origins way back from TMP? or Phase II?

Andrew

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps