Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Y'al might find this of some interest... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Y'al might find this of some interest...
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.psiphi.org/cgi/upc-db/074343725X.html

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmmmm. So does this mean we are going to get the Star Trek version of Star Wars: 'The essential guide to vehicles and vessels?'

------------------
"We have to get drunk immediately."----Gattaca

IP: Logged
Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just as long as this isn't like some sort of silhouette/profile sheet, I think it sounds cool. I wonder if they'll put in technical data along with detailed views.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like they're going to do more than that. It sounds like they're going to do some detail on the crews of those 30 ships, and why they're so "famous."

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would personaly like to hear about the history of each class. Specs are not on my top prioty list since that on about 90% of the known classes we have info on them already.

------------------
Signature for sale! For a mere price of $20 per letter you get this wonderful little space to say your own things. Get it now while there's still space!

-All you base belong to infinity. -infinity11

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this an official publication or is it a fan work?

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking it's gonna be akin to the Passport in terms of size...

------------------
"I can be creative when I have a good idea. That just happens way too rarely."
-Omega, April 6

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's gonna be done by the same people who did the SotL calendar. Other than that, i can't really say official or not.

------------------
[Bart's looking for his dog.]
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

[This message has been edited by PopMaze (edited April 12, 2001).]

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If that's true then let's hope they do their homework then. I also hope they put in plenty of pics of each one with some accuracy.

------------------
Signature for sale! For a mere price of $20 per letter you get this wonderful little space to say your own things. Get it now while there's still space!

-All you base belong to infinity. -infinity11

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, the book done by the SotL people is called The Unseen Frontier: Declassified Images from the History of the Federation. It's a coffee-table art book, sort of a Ships of the Line Calendar-meets-New Worlds, New Civilizations, from what I can glean. It's due sometime this winter.

Also bouncing around in limboland is Starship Enterprise, the next Okuda installment which we haven't heard about for months.

------------------
-Omega, April 6

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Adam Leibowitz (so-called "Mojo") and Rob Bochune are both animators for Foundation Imaging. Mojo goes as far back as the "Babylon 5" pilot -- he and Ron Thornton singlehandedly did the CGI for the original edition of the pilot. Check www.foundation-i.com for more info.

Boris

------------------
"@%#@&@#The@#@truth$#$# @#@$@points@#@#to@#@$@# itself@#@$@#@$"

[This message has been edited by Boris (edited April 12, 2001).]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Hmmm... so given that it is by the Foundation Imaging guys, maybe Unseen Frontier got downsized into this?

------------------
-Omega, April 6

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "Spotters" book is listed at Simon and Shuster for November 2001 ($16, paperback) http://www.simonsays.com/subs/category.cfm?areaID=44&ctgyid=160&Start=11 , but there's no listing for a coffee table big book o' ships for Winter 2001. Margaret Clark hasn't done any Q&A for several months, so we can't ask her if they are forms of the same book. The books seem to cover similar territory, so it's likely we won't see both.

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In some of the last news to come out of the site before the editors vanished into the aether, Ms. Clark strongly intimated that no such Okuda book would be forthcoming, or indeed any other technical sort of work.

------------------
"Excuse me, Mr. Rampaging Killer? Why don't you put down the gun and take a look at this hand-held monkey? Does it not have clever little forepaws? It eats gum and sap!"
--
L. Fitzgerald Sj�berg
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" and something pleasent will happen to you. Possibly involving syrup.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Well, a $16 paperback fits the bill of a biggish full-color book that might have been a hardcover in a previous life.

------------------
-Omega, April 6

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps