Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » TMP Klingon Battlecruiser? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: TMP Klingon Battlecruiser?
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They really made the Kronos-1 look big, evil and menacing in ST:VI, while it AAMOF was about 60-70 meters smaller than the Enterprise refit? Ha!

And comparing the K'Tinga to the Excelsior class, they must've been severely outclassed for a long time. I can't believe it took them several generations to crank out the Vor'Cha...

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they were built in numbers.

------------------
Signature for sale! For a mere price of $20 per letter you get this wonderful little space to say your own things. Get it now while there's still space!

-All you base belong to infinity. -infinity11

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only reason we can hear starships make "whooshing" sounds as well as the explosions and such is because if we couldn't, we'd all be really really really bored.

Why? Well put it this way; would you watch a sci-fi program where all the cool battle scenes were silent? No? Did I hear you say no? Exactly, I rest my case.

Pardon? I can't hear you . . . we're in a vacuum! Hehe!

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard that the studio model for Kronos One was especially built from scratch rather than being a refurbishment of the TMP miniature. Can anyone confirm this or is my source telling fibs?

------------------
"Life's too short to be pissed off all the time." (Danny Vinyard, American History X)
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AAMOF?

Can I just say I LOVE Kronos 1 from TUC...

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The schematics differ somewhat from the original K'Tinga, but I think they only added some modules and textures, there were more paintings on her. I actually rewatched TUC two days ago, in WS for the first time.

------------------

Nim
Member # 205

http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/Ktinga.jpg
http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/KronosOne.jpg

If you flip between the pictures quickly you spot the differences immediately.

------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Gorkon's ship has a "flag bridge" plus some sort of an additional thingamajig at the dorsal front surface of the aft hull...

The aft "torpedo tube" thingie is also different from model to model - there is a parabolic dish in Gorkon's ship, but a circular torpedo opening in the TMP ships and a complex angular structure in the "Flashback" ship flown by Kang. The ships usually seen in DS9 seem to have the "Flashback" stern structure.

One would think that Klingons would be in the habit of personally customizing their ships a lot. The basic spaceframes might run in the family for generations, with each warrior adding new gear as technology advanced and the fortunes of the House increased.

Timo Saloniemi

Nim
Member # 205

Sounds cool. They undoubtedly have their own banners and family crests.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps