Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The Trinculo (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Trinculo
Face
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! I still looking for a picture of the Galaxy-class U.S.S. Trinculo (model), Does any one have one?

------------------

IP: Logged
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I don't think there are any pictures of the Trinculo. (Did they even label a physical model "U.S.S Trinculo"? - can't remember.)

------------------
Kryten: Pub? - Ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve
advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of
fermented vegetable drinks. - Red Dwarf "Timeslides"

[This message has been edited by Austin Powers (edited April 17, 2001).]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that was the point - that the Galaxy model was seen at an exhibition labelled as the Trinculo? Or am I thinking of the Nebula-class USS Leeds, seen in the DS9 title sequence?

------------------
"It strikes me that there are enough episodes of the Simpsons that people could speak entirely in Simpsonese, using references from the show to explain or describe an endless series of situations. Nelson and Apu . . . at Tinagra.

But now I�ve brought Star Trek into it again, haven�t I. Sorry."

- James Lileks, 09/04/2001

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it was but why would anyone take that seriously anyway and make it a canon ship like some sites?

------------------
Signature for sale! For a mere price of $20 per letter you get this wonderful little space to say your own things. Get it now while there's still space!

-All you base belong to infinity. -infinity11

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You say it!
If i can't see it i won't accept it's existence.

Really, has anybody seen this USS Trinculo?????
Or is it just some exhibition labeling like the USS Valkyre?

------------------
Visit Seventhworld, with its new Sci-Fi project FALLENWALLS
www.seventhworld.de

And of course my own StarTrek Series Project
www.stnemesis.de

Just a preview...

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take any ship seen in the opening credits as canon. I don't accept exhibition ships as canon because the people doing them probably don't get official sanction from Paramount as far as naming goes. And I seriously doubt that the people responsible for coming up with the names on the show are responsible for the exhibition names.

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing boggles me anyway: Why do they even bother to label models with a new name for an exhibition in the first place??
I've seen the "Valkyrie" at an exhibition in Cologne a few years ago, and at that time I thought it had been seen in an episode - of course no one I asked knew anything about it.

So, does anyone know why they keep coming up with ships like the Trinculo or the Valkyrie - I just can't see any real reason for it?

------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the Valkyrie especially, you can still see where the lettering used to say "Hathaway"!

------------------
Lisa: "Don't you remember the story of Oedipus?"
Homer: "Maybe five dollars will refresh my memory."
Lisa (angrily): "Oedipus was the story of a man who kills his father and marries his mother!"
Homer: "Uggh! Who pays for that wedding?"

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it might be that the Hathaway wasn't renamed just for this exhibition. The Valkyrie might be the Constellation from TNG Redemption.

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was the name USS Valkyre visible on the tachyon-grid-display?
As i recall it was not.

Another Question, in which Episode should the USS Trinculo be featured??
As far as i know, it could only be an DS9 episode.

May be in "Call to arms" or "A time to stand"?

------------------
Visit Seventhworld, with its new Sci-Fi project FALLENWALLS
www.seventhworld.de

And of course my own StarTrek Series Project
www.stnemesis.de

Just a preview...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC, none of the ships shown on the tachyon detection grid display were identified as Constellations. And yet, there's definitely one in the episode.

As for why they relabel the models for exhibitions... why not? If they want to, they're perfectly welcome to. Why do they have to have a "reason"?

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

Of course they don't have to have a reason. I was just wondering.
And talking about the Trinculo: think of SoA and all those unnamed Galaxy's. Any one of them could have been the Trinculo, Galaxy, Venture, Challenger, etc.
I suppose we will never find out.

------------------

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The USS Trinculo is, as everyone knows by now, a model for display at Star Trek conventions. To my knowledge I have seen a picture of it somewhere on the Net. Sadly I cannot remember which site I found it on. Sorry. I can only suggest that you type in the name of the ship in a search engine and try to find one that way - it should work as I've done it for other ships e.g. USS Challenger, NCC-71099 (I wanted to check the authenticity of the ship & not just because I'm sad! Hehe!).

Well, hope that helps . . . I shall look into the matter and get back to you if I find anything of use!

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of the Galaxys in DS9 had names, such as the Galaxy herself, although the Trinculo was not among them. (The Trinculo was a studio model, after all.)

I recall seeing pictures of the Model, or perhaps I'm insane.

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, I can get insane by watching pictures of models. Only the best, tho.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps