Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Pegasus to have been a Cheyanne? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pegasus to have been a Cheyanne?
BRUTUS
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://talk.trekweb.com/cgi-bin/msgboard.pl?bid=FldwoPP0qETo2&cid=s0WHaHHfIRWuc&tid=hmaVFv9FD/yMU&parent=0&target=s0WHaHHfIRWuc&sort=Newest%20Posts%20First&view=Nested%20Posts&date ]http://talk.trekweb.com/cgi-bin/msgboard.pl?bid=FldwoPP0qETo2&cid=s0WHaHHfIRWuc&tid=hmaVFv9FD/yMU&parent=0&target=s0WHaHHfIRWuc&sort=Newest%20Posts%20First&view=Nested%20Posts&dat e=Last%207%20Days#s0WHaHHfIRWuc

Has anyone posted about this before?

------------------

[This message has been edited by BRUTUS (edited April 17, 2001).]

IP: Logged
BRUTUS
Ex-Member

Thanks, found it now.

To the guy below, yeah I think you need to paste them into the location bar and enter them....though it didn't work once I'd already tried accessing them as a link. Ones I hadn't accessed worked when copy and pasting them...annoying

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's on the right, next to the big red cross.

------------------
"We have a good arrangement. He supplies the weapons, I use them."
- Blade

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had posted a topic about this a while back. I knew that there was supposed to be a new model built for the Pegasus, and I knew it was supposed to have four nacelles. However, I didn't know that it was supposed to be a filmable model of the Cheyenne. The statements made in the episode about the Pegasus' systems being the testbed for the later Galaxy class ships would have made much more sense if they'd have used the Cheyenne model instead of the Oberth.

------------------
Lisa: "Don't you remember the story of Oedipus?"
Homer: "Maybe five dollars will refresh my memory."
Lisa (angrily): "Oedipus was the story of a man who kills his father and marries his mother!"
Homer: "Uggh! Who pays for that wedding?"

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The links at your link are not working......

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, Frank posted a 'cap of the screen showing us the supposed 4 nacelles, but the 'cap was rather small, not showing us much. Anyone got a bigger 'cap?

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That has always boggled me. If they couldn't afford to build a filmable Cheyenne, why did they build a NEW model for the Oberth for this episode. They did you know...

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd never heard that they built a new Oberth model for this ep, but it could've been alot more cost efficiant if that's true. Especially if they still had all the original molds and stuff that they used to construct the first one. When making 3-D stuff like that, making the molds is at least half the expense and time.

If they had constructed a Cheyenne model, they would've had to have built all new molds, or at least copied and modified some of the Galaxy Class molds before they could even start wiring, painting and decaling the ship.

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure it was a redress of the partially-obliterated Oberth model already made for "Hero Worship."

------------------
"I can be creative when I have a good idea. That just happens way too rarely."
-Omega, April 6

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AFAIK, it was a reuse of the model that was built for ST3. They just relabeled it and made an asteroid around the model.

------------------
[Bart's looking for his dog.]
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The TNG Companion says it was a new model.

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom: Except that the "Hero Worship" one had the front of the sacuer blown away, while, in "The Pegasus", that was one of the only parts we could see intact.

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The TNG Companion says it was a new model.

I believe what the Companion said was that they had planned on building a new model for the Pegasus, but budgetary considerations forced them to use the already-existing Grissom model.

------------------
Lisa: "Don't you remember the story of Oedipus?"
Homer: "Maybe five dollars will refresh my memory."
Lisa (angrily): "Oedipus was the story of a man who kills his father and marries his mother!"
Homer: "Uggh! Who pays for that wedding?"

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

BRUTUS
Ex-Member

"Though Rick Sternbach readied sketches of a new ship based on Enterprise-"C"-era designs, budget forced the reuse of the Grissom model of ST III in unaltered form with the "rock" simply pressed in around it..."
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

A ha! thanks... my bad - I don't know why I remembered it as a new model... they must have done the model up then, because it looks more 'realistic' than when we usually see it. (the Oberth)

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps