Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » 'A Time To Stand' screencap analysis (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 'A Time To Stand' screencap analysis
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure that the one on the far left is a Galaxy, the middle one is definatly a constitution & the one on the far right is an excelsior.

these were probable just existing model kits sprayed gold, so I dougt that there is an ambassador here given that the kit wasn't around at the time.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Galaxy, Connie refit, Excelsior.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

spyone
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The far left ship does not look like a Galaxy to me.
It does look more like an Ambassador, though I'm not certain that's what it is.

As to where they got the models, weren't there some models that looked a lot like that used as set-dressing on TNG and in the movies?

IP: Logged
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Fact Files say it's Federation.

The Fact Files have put the Niagara's third nacelle in the wrong position from where it was on the model among other numerous mistakes. I'd take my grain of salt with them.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking at these ships closely again, I am swayed more in the direction of Galaxy for the model on the far left, thanks to all your input. The middle one is possibly a Connie refit, but I'm uncertain. The right one is quite obviously an Excelsior.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for the next item on our wishlist, how about:

Maquis fleet in "Preemptive strike) and models in Picard�s room in "Tapestry" (Berndt�s old wish)

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank's got a pile of small "Preemptive Strike" caps, but as the forum's self-appointed Peregrine-identification-guru, I can tell you straight out that getting bigger ones won't enlighten us any more than what we know already.

Picard's "Tapestry" models, on the other hand...

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank's got a pile of small "Preemptive Strike" caps, but as the forum's self-appointed Peregrine-identification-guru, I can tell you straight out that getting bigger ones won't enlighten us any more than what we know already.

Picard's "Tapestry" models, on the other hand...

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure The_Tom? I�ve seen Frank�s caps, and they are clear but so small. I would like to see bigger, there are some weird things with that fleet.

I would also like to see a bigger cap of the okudagram behind Riker and Pressman(?) in "The Pegasus", the one with the infamous 4 nacelles. Once again Frank�s cap is good, but small (Yes I�m concerned about size , but only with starship-pics)

Also, in "In the hands of the prophet" we get to see a model of the early warp ship from the encyclopedia, that would be nice to see caps of.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason the ship in that Sisko picture looks like an Ambassador to some people is probably the fact that the saucer appears round. But that's just because of the angle the ship is at.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just look at the nacelles, they don't have the characteristic ambassador dorsal, cutouts. And the ambasador doesn't have the dovetail shaped shuttlebay on the saucer.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll take a look at those 'Tapestry' models, but I know for a fact that that particular episode (for me) isn't the best quality. I think it's second generation and I never got round to retaping it. But I'll have look, and post anything useful.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

The ASDB

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

Which 'models' you are referring to? I must have missed them. Because I cannot find anything appropriete to 'cap' in Tapestry.... Sorry, please advise further.

--------------------

The ASDB

Starship Freak
Member # 293

I�m sorry, I only know what Berndt told me, there apparently were models in Picard�s room.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps