Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » USS Horizon & Canon vs. NX-01 (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: USS Horizon & Canon vs. NX-01
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veers, I wasn't taking your example to mean that you were disrespecting the Bible. I was simply transferring your example out of the realm of Star Trek and into reality to point what I saw as a flaw in it. It's a trick I've learned in my ethics classes.

I agree with you that a good portion of the Encyclopedia and all of that is canon for the sake that a lot of information either came directly from the screen or eventually made it on-screen. A lot of the information itself is canon. Some of the information itself is not canon. As a whole, the works are semi-canon because of this mixture. That's one of the points I've been trying to make.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Siegfried. Now, actually, I am beginning to agree.

--------------------
Meh

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"That's why FJ's Technical manual is non-canon. Not because GR said so. I don't give a flip about whether he declared TAS non-canon or not. GR is dead, and it's up to the present-day powers that be what is canon and what is not."

Hang on. The present-day powers get to deceide what is canon? So if (for example), they deceide that there was an Enterprise before Kirk's, then that becomes cannon, surely. And you can't argue with them.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right and that's why I'm so frigging frustrated!!!!!!!!! Have you not been paying any frigging attention you frigging stand up comedian!?!?!?!?!?

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, relax a little and chill. Get the mojo flowing. Get some money, go to the local liquor store and check out some of these recipes: The WebTender!
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Treknophyle:
Hell, the Christian Bible isn't entirely self-consistent, and millions of adherents accept it as canon.

I'll not go into much for this isn't the place or time, but just to say you're absolutely wrong on this point.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

And before anyone decides to entertain the idea of starting a thread on the internal inconsistencies of the Bible of Christian fame, you've already been beaten to it:

Flameboard: How Does The Bible Contradict Itself?

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps