Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Any new theories on phasers? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Any new theories on phasers?
Nevod
Member # 738

- posted      Profile for Nevod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,Cubic, can you post that theory in another thread? And call that thread, say "Explaining various technobabble". You know, I have some ideas on subspace and warp, and I'd like to have some thechnobabble explaination...

A point on disruptors:
Disruptors use a combination of low-energy nadions and chromions to cause damage.Nadions disable some of bonds, weakening them, while chromions eats them away, so binding energy is lost again.Such pattern of shot's cmposition makes it very effective agains armor, but , in turn, it doesn't allow to use multiple emitters, or they will burn each other out.

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: Nevod ]

--------------------
Fear is the ultimate enemy.And unreasoning is second that.

Cubic Centimeter
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David Templar:
Damn fine theory, almost as fine as my "bunnies are soft" theory. The major difference is that mine can be backed up. Still, that's some damn impressive technobabble.

Why, thank you. I had to have it fit with what was known, as much as I could remember. But I don't really consider it true technobabble, per se. Technobabble, to me, is like "demodulate the flarndip amplifiers and rotate hyperalgorithmic transduction nutation"; you know, Voyager-esque

I think my "theory" sounds ok, at least. I mean, gluons are real particles and they do hold quarks together, and disrupting their exchange would have some weird effects. But yes, it is a form of TB.

cm^3

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps