Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Classes & registries for unseen ships... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Classes & registries for unseen ships...
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do believe that we saw at least part of a refit nacelle. Last time around I think we agreed that a Constellation sounded like a good choice.
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You still aren't getting the Saratoga right. This ship has to be practically brand new, since the previous Saratoga was destroyed at Wolf 359.

It's gotta be somewhere in the 70000s, and definatly not a Miranda class.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or if you liked the novel Saratoga, 'NCC-31911-A'

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USS Centaur
Centaur
NCC-42043
"A Time to Stand"

For some reason the Centaur has always stuck in my head as a Renaissance-Class...unofficially

USS Olympia
Oberth
NCC-52144
"The Sound of Her Voice"

You might be right, I'm pretty sure I spotted a bit of Oberth in that wreakage...as well as a conni refit nacelle...oh well, another ungodly kitbash...

USS Saratoga
Miranda
NCC-51903
"Wrongs Darker Than Death or Night"

Way off, I'd say it is a Defiant-Class...just for the sheer irony.

USS Sarek
Miranda
NCC-48871
"Sacrifice of Angels"

Again, I think a newer ship is preferable. Perhaps a Saber-class?

USS Strata
Nova
NCC-65537
"Field of Fire"

The Strata was around in the 2350's (I think) so Nova class is out of the question. Since it was a geo-terraforming vessle it could be of a design we haven't seen yet...or it could be a New Orleans-Class with those pods adapted to terraformy type funtions...

One minor point, you missed out the USS Curry....which I think of (unofficially of course) as a Mediterranean-Class

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Strata was probably a more uninteresting, smaller vessel than any of the classes we are dealing with here..

and i like the Renaissance-class from the TNG comics better then a Centaur explanation.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm going to throw my vote in and say that the Centaur is a distinct class...not a throw-together from scrap. I'm not saying it's Centaur Class...But the unique nacelles and other points make me firmly believe that that was designed that way and not just thrown together.
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's an updated list, based on some of your suggestions:

USS Billings
Nebula
NCC-62143
"Night"

USS Carolina
Bradbury
NCC-76624
"Inside Man"

USS Centaur
Centaur
NCC-42043
"A Time to Stand"

USS Cortez
Excelsior
NCC-41889
"Favor the Bold"

USS Destiny
Akira
NCC-67652
"Shadows and Symbols"

USS Intrepid
Intrepid
NCC-73535
"In the Flesh"

USS Musashi
Akira
NCC-60325
"Treachery, Faith, and the Great River"

USS Olympia
Constellation
NCC-9843
"The Sound of Her Voice"

USS Saratoga
Steamrunner
NCC-61903
"Wrongs Darker Than Death or Night"

USS Sarek
Saber
NCC-68871
"Sacrifice of Angels"

USS Sentinel
Saber
NCC-63347
"Treachery, Faith, and the Great River"

USS Strata
Oberth
NCC-51537
"Field of Fire"

USS Ticonderoga
Excelsior
NCC-42618
Star Trek: Insurrection

USS Tombaugh
Ambassador
NCC-25064
"Infinite Regress"

USS Truman
Ambassador
NCC-25390
"Field of Fire"

USS Veracruz
Sovereign
NCC-74815
"The Siege of AR-558"

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: Veers ]

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: Veers ]

--------------------
Meh

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks mostly okay, but it is obviously open to interpretation. My site listings vary somewhat in places, such as I have the USS Sentinel as a Sovereign, the Destiny as a Galaxy, the Saratoga an Intrepid, the Vera Cruz as a Nebula, etc.

One problem I see, is that your registry number for the Constellation Class Olympia (NCC 52144) is much too high for a Constellation.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd put the Strata registry slightly lower if it's an Oberth, since the highest Oberth registry we have is 59318 for the Cochrane.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The updated list looks very good, but why do I have the impression that, if there will ever be a new Encyclopedia, the unknown ships will all be Mirandas, Excelsiors and Nebulas (well, maybe one Intrepid too)?

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you keep the Sarek as a Sabre class, then I suggest you bump up the number to the 60000 range to follow the Yeager's number. That's not to say the Sabre was around in the 40000 range. It's just that 6xxxx looks a little better.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Veers
You first
Member # 661

I modified it a little bit. The Olympia is now NCC-9843, and the Strata was changed to NCC-51537.

Thanks for a lot of your input.

--------------------
Meh

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your Saratoga registry seems a bit high.

Remember, the First Contact vessels all had lower registries than what many would think.

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: Ace ]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think that the next Encyclopedia would list the ships w/o registries or classes at all, since they weren't given any to start with.
Veers
You first
Member # 661

I updated the list above after Ace's suggestions.

And speaking of the encyclopedia, one wonders how they chose the classes for some ships (Deneva, Yorkshire, Wambundu, Zodiac, Andromeda, etc.). Did Okuda just make up names for some classes, or is there a list someone makes before the show.
Cause I'm wondering if a ship like the Portland was Chimera-class before the encyclopedia, and if it wasn't, why couldn't they make up the classes and registries for the next batch of ships?

--------------------
Meh

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps