Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Shuttlepod Ley? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Shuttlepod Ley?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG....LOL!!!

That's the best read I've had in a long time. Usually people who speak English like that are from other countries...

And what the hell is his damage?! If I were the Brighton Beach Police Department, I'd start checking car trunks...

Oh, yah, I don't actually put faith in Voyager for tech specs...that was intended more for humorous effect.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my GOD!

http://trekbbs.com/ubb/Forum21/HTML/008601.html

He also wants a gun!

"If it's on my land, I can kill it. This is by law.

Then, aminals have no souls and so they don't feel suffer. God created beasts for man to use, eat, and kill. I don't hunt any real game animals. I just mostly go for little birds, coons, cats, and squirils. None are indangered and there are plenty. They need thining out so they don't starve in the winter."

[Eek!] This guy needs to be either locked up or invited to Flare.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Invited him to Flare!? Are you crazy!? We already have all the insanity we can handle here! No! Perish the thought! Watch five hours worth of reruns of Small Wonder this instant!

Anyway, as an aside that goes back to the OP, I read through most of those conference notes. There's some interesting stuff in there I didn't know about. For instant, I didn't know that the writers had flirted with giving LaForge actual sight. However, I didn't want to know about Marina Sirtis sitting on a young Wil Wheaton's lap and "sensing" him get excited. Yuck.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'll die.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*whoops...double post*

-MMoM [Big Grin]

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ok, have we seen any ships with an NX registry painted yellow? Nope...and the NX-01 does not count since it's more copper-ish.

Nope, but then again, we've never seen a starship in such an early stage of development, remember that Picard's model wasn't even named, only numbered.

quote:
As for the Aeroshuttle, maybe the components of the test article version were used to create the Delta Flyer...which would somewhat explain why the crew never even thought of using the thing.

I think you missed the point, a nonflight test article means that the thing can't fly, it's not a real ship, its just mockup, an empty shell...perhaps it has some components and materials to simulate the mass, density, EM emmissions of the real thing. I dout that it has anything useful enough to build the Delta Flyer.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mock up or not, that test article version has to be able to go through atmospheric conditions, subspace radiation, and other -ish that the real thing would go through... and how would an empty shell do that?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Easy, its made out of Duratanium (or is it tritanium?) either way its the same stuff as Voyager's hull and is protected by the very same shields as the rest of the ship.
It doesn't need engines, a gravity net or a cockpit with nice plush seats and ensuite waste extractor to just sit there and be a lump of metal.

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the whole function of a non-flight test article would be to cover the docking mechanism that the real thing would occupy, and maintian the ships silhouette/mass despite the lack of the real thing... so it WOULDNT have to got through atmoshperic whatever.. because its a NONFLIGHT version. Basically a aerowing shaped panel to keep the docking port from rusting

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay fine then, it's just a cover that is made of the same stuff as Federation starship hulls...damn I hate the fact that it was never used or mentioned.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

That would have been interesting...

JANEWAY: This calls for a "tougher-than-the-average-type-12" shuttle...

PARIS: Don't you mean Class 2?

JANEWAY: Ah....shutup yah smug git!

*THWACK*

JANEWAY: Mr Tuvok, have we built the Delta Flyer yet?

TUVOK: Not yet Captain, its still ther third season...

JANEWAY: Bugger, oh well then we'll have to the Aerowing...

CAREY: Uh, Captain...remember at Utopia Planitia when you told me to make sure that the dockmaster replaced the non-flight test article with the real deal...?

JANEWAY: Yes...

CAREY: Well I did remember to get one...but then I traded in for these magic "insta-shuttle" Ferengi beans...so we're kinda stuck with that lump of metal...

JANEWAY: Well thats just great! Go away and don't come back until the seventh season, where I intend to have you killed!

[ December 29, 2001: Message edited by: Reverend ]

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY! SPOILER!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Reverend, ol' Andy got you there!

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

He's got me where?!

Oh my! Let go of that you sick little puppy!!

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Volume 7.10 should be coming early January.
7.11 Feb
7.12 March
7.13 April.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps