Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » My transphasic torp theory. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: My transphasic torp theory.
Nevod
Member # 738

- posted      Profile for Nevod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Transphasic torpedoes:

In 2396, Starfleet survived a series of Borg attacks, consisting of Tactical and two standard Cubes.In response to disastrous results of three battles,and repeated sightnings of Azdeli vessels, Starfleet's R&D started a development of new weapons against Borg.

After some time, it has been suggested that new torpedo weapon must be able to create chaos in Borg subspace network and overload subspace taps. Initial design was using 12-kilogram M/AM mix to initiate enchanced ZPE actuator, and of shells of tricobalt-tungsten-magnesium and verterium cochrenide to create randomly-variating multiband subspace field. However, even that wasn't enough to guarantee 100% destruction of Borg or Azdeli vessel. Shortly thereafter, idea of using transporter primary energizers embedded in casing, and linked to shield scanner pallet, was used. But the resulting device was just too big to mount even in quantum torpedo casing. Following design of quantum torpedo, transphasic warhead was fitted in even larger probe casing-Type IX. Even then, warhead was so big that resulting torpedo was almost unable of going at warp, and having limited impulse range.

Testings opened extreme efficiency of new torpedo against even conventional enemy ships, not only suspace-powered. Resulting effective yields, in comparsion to standard photon torpedo effective yields, appeared to be of next values: against subspace-powered vessels: 2800, against conventional vessels- 25.

Such extremely successful results allowed Starfleet to began production of transphasic torpedoes immediately. However, transphasic warheads apeared to be very hard to manufacture , so even the most powerful Starfleet battlecruisers now aren't carrying more than 60 torpedoes.

It's a bit non-canon, made just for fun...

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: Nevod ]

--------------------
Fear is the ultimate enemy.And unreasoning is second that.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's also a bit, um, indecipherable.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can understand it fine, but i pretend that voyager didn't exist so the genesis of the transphasic torp doesn't matter to me [Big Grin] . one question: who are the azdeli?

--jacob

IP: Logged
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You imply that the Quantum Torpedo is larger than the Photon Torpedo when their basic dimensions are pretty much the same. If I were to venture a guess, the Photon Torpedo has more volume. Don't hold me to that though, I've never done the mass.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This reminds me of Monty Python's "Theory of the Brontosaurus" sketch.

"This theory, in its entirety, is mine. What it is, this theory of mine, is mine. My theory is as follows and begins now. The next thing you hear will be my theory. All brontosauruses are very thin at one end, very thick in the middle, and thin again at the other end. The End."

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very apt, First of Two, very apt. i still want to know who the azdeli are, though.

--jacob

IP: Logged
Nevod
Member # 738

- posted      Profile for Nevod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EdipisReks:
very apt, First of Two, very apt. i still want to know who the azdeli are, though.

--jacob

What does the word "apt" mean, eh?

Azdeli are just part of my Trek-fic... Really powerful race that enjoy kicking arses.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could always look it up.

apt \Apt\, a. [F. apte, L. aptus, fr. obsolete apere to fasten, to join, to fit, akin to apisci to reach, attain: cf. Gr. ? to fasten, Skr. [=a]pta fit, fr. [=a]p to reach attain.] 1. Fit or fitted; suited; suitable; appropriate.

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Designs and Creativity.. ask for it by name

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andre Bormanis and Rick Sternbach pack you bags.. here comes Nevod [Wink] .

Transphasic.... sounds like subspace weapons.. Was that Romulan supercloak also called 'transphasic'? Pretty useless for a torp to go right through everything [Smile] .

"12-kilogram M/AM mix to initiate enchanced ZPE actuator"

Do you need anything to start ZPE!? I tought you only needed those plate-things really close together... but I don't know that much about ZPE.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, a torpedo that could go right through everything would be very useful. As long as it can turn that feature off. Shoot the torpedo, wait 'til it's passed halfway through the ship, make it solid again, kablammo.
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of curiousity, Nevod, how old are you?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bunnies are soft. Unlike Nevod's theory, I can prove mine.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we did have a little trouble with the math on quantum bunny softness though. i think that by feeling the bunnies we were changing the feel of them by feeling them .. were they soft while we werent touching them?

Are transphasic bunnies soft? You can't touch them.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Nevod
Member # 738

I'm 14. [Roll Eyes]

Mike, you're right, if you not touch quantum bunnies, they're soft. When you touch them, they began to change in unpredictable ways.

ZPE... Yes, to make Casimir Effect, you need to just push two plates very close... check this

I just stolen that part from Tech Manual.

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: Nevod ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps