Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » My transphasic torp theory. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: My transphasic torp theory.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is your last name Cochrane, by any chance? If so, you'll probably name your son Zefram and move to Montana....

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nevod:

Mike, you're right, if you not touch quantum bunnies, they're soft. When you touch them, they began to change in unpredictable ways.

My Quantum bunny changed into a swarm of Smurfs that tied me up and stole my wallet!

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the odds seemed to be against that..

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But hey, anything's possible with quantum theory...

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I neglected to put spoiler sign on this simply because if you like star trek enough to be here then you damn well have seen endgame...So...Transphasic torpedoes...I found were theseTT specs (non-canon) and some more TT Specs . I'd like to learn more about TT's but frankly the canon info is scarce, so I tried my best looked around and found somewhat semi-non-canon info. So how do they pack such a punch? Your first reaction would be to say simply there is a larger antimatter storage on board the torpedo but to me that is highly unsophisticated. I’m leaning more towards the idea of compressed antimatter. You read it right…but assumptions aside I hope to see this weapon in Nemesis.

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I neglected to put spoiler sign on this simply because if you like star trek enough to be here then you damn well have seen endgame..."

Except, if, you, know, you're in like, you know, not, like, the North America. You're hopeless.

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Confused]

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are many other ways for foreigners to see episodes these days.

Boris

[ May 01, 2002, 14:25: Message edited by: Boris ]

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People around the world may potentially have to wait months (or even longer) to see episodes that have just aired in North America, and this is an international board. To assume everyone here has seen "Endgame" just because you saw it months ago is to potentially incur the wrath of said people.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, it also seems rather bizarre to be blamed for a lack of spoiler warnings in a thread you didn't actually create. Or to apologize for the same reasons. But, heck, let's not let that get in the way of a nice round of newbie-bashing.
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what's really scary? If Braga would have convinced some people to use the earlier drafts of First Contact, transphasic torpedos would have been the new Starfleet weapon instead of quantums. He incuded them in those scripts, and the big Borg-battle would have had many destroyed Borg ships - destroyed by federation vessels with transphasic torpedos. It's scary how he finally managed to 'invent' them for Trek. And I'm quite sure his ablative armor was in some abandoned script version of an episode, too. [Eek!]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You want to know what's really scary? People like you decided that the "quantum" torpedoes that appear in the first draft of Star Trek First Contact were entirely the work of the great Satan Brannon Braga without the slightest shred of evidence. And that the decision to remove them was made by someone other than Braga, again based on nothing but speculation. And that on account of immature speculation like this, the poor guy has had and continues to have to deal with death threats from rapid fanboys. No wonder he isn't keen on extending an open invitation to Trekkies on the net to vote in online polls to choose what happens in every episode.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
chro'Nicpain In'theass also ended up providing a spoiler warning anyway, simply my mentioning that he wasn't providing one.

Now, listen, koy...whatever. If you're going to talk about an episode that has not yeat aired/been released in a significant portion of the area in which our Forum-goers live, you will provide some sort of indication of that before spoiling anything. If you don't know which episodes this entails, just ask. I'm sure plenty of people around here will be happy to provide you w/ that information.

If you persist in the attitude you expressed above, you won't be given any more opportunities to post spoilers. Or anything else, for that matter.

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The_Tom:
You want to know what's really scary? People like you decided that the "quantum" torpedoes that appear in the first draft of Star Trek First Contact were entirely the work of the great Satan Brannon Braga without the slightest shred of evidence. And that the decision to remove them was made by someone other than Braga, again based on nothing but speculation. And that on account of immature speculation like this, the poor guy has had and continues to have to deal with death threats from rapid fanboys. No wonder he isn't keen on extending an open invitation to Trekkies on the net to vote in online polls to choose what happens in every episode.

OK, I have no idea who invented them, but given the fact that Ron Moore and Brannon Braga wrote the script and Braga was the one who wrote 'Endgame', it seems only logical to assume that it was his idea. The fact that evenyone keeps blaming 'The Killer-B's' for everything is caused by the fact that Berman and Braga are now in charge of the whole franchise. I don't think Braga is the source of all evil in the world, in fact, he's one of my favourite writers, but later Voyager and now Enterprise show that he's obviously not able to handle so much power. Since he is his own boss it bacame worse. I think that's a fact, too.
I don't know what's your opinion about me, but I have to correct you; I am not such a 'crazy fanboy'. I'm just really disappointed with Endgame and speculated about the origin of the ideas for that show.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a thread i would have rather seen stay dead. Since Nevod (and later boy'smelled Like'poo) are just pulling bullshit technobabble out of their asses (or in koy's case, pulling bullshit out of other people's asses), why wouldnt this be designs, artwork and creativity.. there's hardly a shred of anything thats actually been on Trek here, except for those contentious Endgame spoilers.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps