Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » What are the BIG QUESTIONS of Wolf 359? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What are the BIG QUESTIONS of Wolf 359?
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did the explosion look like from planetside? Did Jaresh-Inyo (or who/whatever was president at the time ) make a really cool "this is the end of humanity" speech like Tricia O'Neil's president in the B5 "In The Beginning" movie?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ambassador class USS Yamaguchi NCC-26510 was there.

Questions: What was the point of sending out the Mars Defense Perimeter? How long did the Battle of Wolf 359 last? How exactly does Shelby think the fleet can be back up in a year at the end of BoBW?

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooo, I want to answer these right now. Dang you Mark! Dang you to gosh darned heck!

I will say one and one thing only though, if Earth is a utopia, then there is no oppression. Restriction of information is the worst kind of oppression. Thus, I don't think SF or anybody would've tried to keep the truth from an entire planet, nor could they have.

-Did anybody else concoct some crazy schemes to stop the Cube, with possible destructive results? Perhaps somebody, believing there to be no way to stop the Borg from assimilating Earth, tried to stop nuclear fusion in Sol, thus rendering the whole system useless for the Borg and blowing them up in the process. Some El-Aurian or whatnot could have course stopped 'em with a big "We will survive" speech and the rest is history. A little extreme of an example, but would make for an interesting story

-Were people evacuating on their own? Climbing in anything with a nacelle and trying to get away? Something like the civilian boats evacuating Dunkirk?

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
::pictures a fleet of all sorts of civvie ships in orbit around Mars/Luna/Earth trying to get the **** out of 001::

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going back to Mark's comments on the USS Republic, and the possibilities of a Connie being present, there is evidence in the graveyard scene which purportedly shows a gnarled up Constitution-style secondary hull.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um.. when could we start answering some of these?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree with CaptainMike, can we answer now? [strained voice] hard to hold back answers and speculation [/strained voice].

--jacob

IP: Logged
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want answers... I want answers...I want answers NOW!!!

If not I'm gonna run around naked here til I get some.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry about the spoiler Andrew, I thought everyone here has heard the end to Endgame by now.

I think the most powerful ship at 359 was a Nebula, I'm not sure though, haven't seen "Emissary" in quite a while.

Regarding the Borg self-destruction during the 'sleep' command: could it have been intentional on their part? They were aware of the planted command, but by the time they realized it, it was too late to stop it. All they could do was to blow themselves up so Starfleet don't get their hands on the cube.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm starting up the "answers" thread right now. Answer there!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps