Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » 2373: The Borg Battle at Sector 001 (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 2373: The Borg Battle at Sector 001
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that's all any of us do. Drop me a line next time you're on ICQ and we'll discuss it.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked over the intrepid/norway mix up and it is indeed a Norway.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure if this is at all relevant, but in the teaser traliler for FC there is a brief shot of a borg cube (that doesn't look like either the original or the movie type) being fired at by none other than Voyager. I may be wrong but I have never seen this shot in any of Voyager's Borg episodes. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah.. That's the infamous airbrush shot superimposing Voyager over the E-D saucer from "Best of Both Worlds".

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wha?? [Confused]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a bit of very early in the game promotional footage. I'm tempted to say it was originally done for Voyager, as a "here's what it will look like if we have the ship encounter the Borg" sort of exercise that was tossed into early First Contact promotional material because it was available. But I couldn't tell you where I heard it, or how reliable it is.
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^

It shows the saucer of USS Voyager (you can read the NCC), seen from the bridge dome, obviously firing a (huge) phaser at a borg cube similar to the one from 'BoBW'.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.geocities.com/cpt_kyle_amasov/VOYAGER.JPG

Don't know where the credits go for this picture. Don't even know where I found it. But while looking for the shots of the shuttle from Generations on one of my old backup-CD's, I found it, too.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a clearer picture of it on my First Contact DVD, the cube is definatly NOT the BoBW model or the new one for FC. It seams to have a repeated pattern rather than the familiar random shapes. Perhaps a prototype for the Voyager CG cube in "Unity"?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Rogue Starship
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I don't know if anyone pointed this out to you but in the sceen where you have the Saber (B) drifting below the Ent-E's hull when she is firing, but that is a Steamrunner, not the Saber. It is prob, the ship that got hit with the torp right before Picard said "Fire."

Hope this helps!

RS

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps