Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » determining the exact date of Wolf 359 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: determining the exact date of Wolf 359
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, we're seeing some amazing logic here: You say the date of Wolf 359 can be ascertained by calculating the planetary alignment as depcited in the episode. Perish the thought I should suggest that maybe the FX crew didn't take the time to find out how the planets will be aligned in late 2366-early 2367. And then someone chooses to say that it won't matter as the Cube probably didn't go in a straight line anyway!

It's no bloody wonder everyone takes the piss out of Star trek fans.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You take whatever evidence you have and work from there -- it would matter to see what was intended, but here, I don't suppose that much was intended as regards the date. So we pick whatever fits onscreen evidence. If the planetary alignment doesn't work, we still have the Orion evidence.
Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Woodside Kid:
Do the math, and you'll find that 1 year equals 831.430527 stardates. Does this make sense? If someone asked you to come up with a calendar system, would you do it that way?

I might if I were from one of the other hundred and fifty planets in the Federation...

[ February 09, 2002, 17:53: Message edited by: Ryan McReynolds ]

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps