Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Niagara-class saucer (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Niagara-class saucer
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ST: SCE?

Thats the full title of this new book?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's Star Trek: Starfleet Corps Of Engineers.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yo:

http://www.psiphi.org/images/0743444124-big.jpg

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So just what kind of images does The Magazine have on the Niagra and Freedom? If they went to the trouble of including these obscure ships in the first place, one would HOPE that they at least get some updated schematics...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why does everybody think that there'd be anything different in the Magazine from in the Fact Files? They're the same publication. Produced by the same people. The only differences are that (obviously) the issues are released on different schedules, (so one month's issue of the Mag won't necessarily cover the same ships as that month's corresponding FF issue) and the fact that the Mag additionally features behind-the-scenes and making-of articles, which the Fact Files don't.

They're not gonna bother to change the schematics...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
They're the same publication. Produced by the same people.
I wouldn't quite say that, actually. Different arms of the same Viacom beast, yes, but while the Magazine tends to reuse Fact File material I don't think they're produced from a common office.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah, another day, another hair split right down the middle...

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Constellation of One
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Constellation of One     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got the magazinelate yesterdy, and the schematics are clearly incorrect, and most likely Fact File reprints. The saucer is celarly wrong, since it shows an A-B section with a main shuttlebay at the reas, and the whole structure is shaped nothing like the Ambassador section Greag Jein used. The Niagara and Freedom saucers even have incorrect phaser strip placements. With all of this clearly incorrect, I'm not at all confident that they even got the saucer shape right, or if it is correct that we would be very confident about it.

Crud.

--------------------
Everything in life I ever needed to know I learned from The Simpsons.

Constellation of One
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Constellation of One     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry. That should be "main shuttlebay in the rear" of the A-B deck.

--------------------
Everything in life I ever needed to know I learned from The Simpsons.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps