Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » How would you use fighters? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: How would you use fighters?
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, i found the Starfleet fighter i was looking for.. since we accept that Peregrines (or whatever Fed Fighters from DS9 were called) dont fit many in a standard bay, but the Valkyrie from Activision's Star Trek Invasion fits the bill, coming in under 20m, and having short hop warp capability (and NCCs to match). Not canon I realize, but when you say Starfleet fighter i dont see why everyone assumes that the Peregrinoid ships from DS9 are the only ones possible.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's a Valkyrie? I've seen that name mentioned from time to time, but I've never seen one.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

From Activision's Invasion game.. two seater, so im assuming the cockpit is a little bigger than a workbee, so the length might come out roughly even with a medium to large size shuttle. because it has a warp drive, it gets a NCC number (i figure), and the height looks appropriate for placing them in the shuttlebay of your favorite starship that you think might be a good carrier. Im not saying that its smart to use fighters in the Trek-verse, just saying that its possible to have a small one.
i read about the design process, they said they tried to cross delta flyer with the defiant, and a fighterplane.. looks pretty cool tho..

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No visible warp field grills, I don't think it's warp capable. Looks more like a trans-atmospheric fighter, since it looks like it's got functional wings and ramjet engines.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting design...

But I agree, it looks more like a STL fighter designed for planetary operations. And it looks way too small to be an effective fighter against large ships.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone plyed this game? IIRC, the Valkyries are carried around in a big boxy starship..

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps