Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Help me out, guys...(Field day for experts in the non-canon) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Help me out, guys...(Field day for experts in the non-canon)
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As novels go, I remember one class-ship possibility: in "Crossover" by MJF, which takes place somewhere between Scotty's reappearance in 'Relics' (2369) and the destruction of the E-D (2371), Scotty docks his shuttle with the Starfleet Museum's pride: the unmodified Constitution-class Yorktown NCC-1717. After stealing the thing single handed (god Friedman sucks!), Scotty is intercepted by the USS Intrepid, commanded by Riley's grandson. I believe Friedman intended for the ship to be Galaxy-class, but the timeframe could very well have it being the Intrepid class-ship (or at least the Intrepid Don Kaplan tested Geordi's speed records on)

No NCC though.

on the Andromeda class, its not really any information, but LUG had a type of Explorer called the Ascendant class listed next to it, probably an injoke if you get my drift. *ominous shotgun clicking noise* ok ok... anywho, the Ascendant-class design is one that I am working on a design of right now.

The Renaissance-class is depicted in two later issues of DCs TNG comic. it looks like an Ambassador saucer attached to an Intrepid secondary hull. Similar to the ASDB design, except this one is supposed to be a correctly scaled Ambassador saucer, not a smaller version.

I saw a nifty design for a Surak-class vessel that unfortunately doesnt fit in the timeframe of its registry at a fan modelers website.. it was kind of like a Nebula with sideways Galaxy nacelles.. im not sure if i remember anything else about it though.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps