Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Need help designing the Quantum Induction Core (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Need help designing the Quantum Induction Core
Merenzine Gold
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
::gets a full body shiver::

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! goody... somebody meet my condition of bringing out all the stops... [Roll Eyes]

Okie here goes:

yes Plank Constant is not the Zero-Point Field. In that one is a forumula involving Electromagnetics and one is a Hypothesis.
( http://www.vacuum.narod.ru/P103_11.htm )

As for ZPF actually existing? I referr you to an actual document from the Science American Journal for you to purse so that you can come up with a little bit more factual statements to back up statements against mine.
( http://www.sciam.com/1297issue/1297yam.html )

As for my response to that article? I referr to Doctor H.E. Puthoff's own response.
( http://padrak.com/ine/NEN_5_9_6.html )

For further information on the leading institution researching the ZPF phenomion.
( http://www.earthtech.org )

Here are three links that you might find usefully to developing a point of view that actually contains something more than 'I don't believe you'.
( http://www.astro.cf.ac.uk/groups/relativity/papers/abstracts/miguel94a.html )

( http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/hep-ph/9805217 )

( http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/gr-qc/9702026 )

( http://www.physics.purdue.edu/~hinson/ftl/html/FTL_intro.html )

( http://www.physics.purdue.edu/~hinson/subphys )

Oh sorry that was was five links... still though they are very informative into the field from which ZPF exists and it would prove without a shadow of a doubt that ZPF is 'very' real. Of course my own paper is merely a college level thesis but who cares right? when compared to well known and respected scientists writing their doctorates and articles on such things as this, yeah I would say so. Yet it appears to be more work than anyone here has done on this.

Sorry if I seem a bit harsh but someone from here mentioned I should give as good as I get. [Wink] I hope you enjoy the literature... ta! [Smile]

Oh!!!! and if you were to actually know Plank's Constant in its full form you would see that ZPF is 'in' Plank's constant. As I said, people normally take that part of the equation out because in a normal setting, it presents a zero net force. So there is no need to figure it into their experiments and such. Please note however that I said 'NET' force... if you know anything about physics you wouldd know that 'Net Force' and Force itself are two totally different animals as well.

[ March 12, 2002, 17:22: Message edited by: Merenzine Gold ]

IP: Logged
Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The question isn't whether or not the ZPF energy exists; it does. The question is whether or not it is possible to extract a usable amount of energy from the field. I suggest you get a copy of the book I mentioned and read the chapter. It does mention Dr. Puthoff, and not in a very flattering light. If I have to choose between the scientific opinion of Dr. Weinberg (a Nobel-prize winner whose work was proven experimentally) and Dr. Puthoff (a man who validated the "powers" of crackpot psychic Uri Gellar and who spent years wasting research money on remote viewing)....well...

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Merenzine Gold
Ex-Member

crackpot?... lol, I am sure many people called Albert Einstein the same thing before the atomic bomb proved his theories. Considering inflation and how long ago that was, would it take blowing a whole island the size of Japan off the face of the Earth completely to convince you?

Research isn't about investigating what you know to be true. It is about researching what you don't know. I don't have to read the guys book to know basically what he says because every scientist against Puthoff says nearly the same thing.

However please consider this, ZPF has the potential to either be the source or effect gravity and inertia a great deal. We all know that gravity and inertia to be true, no? We all know how powerful gravity and inertia is. So if a byproduct of ZPF's effect on our reality is Gravity and inertia, shouldn't there by a lot of energy just waiting there in the form of ZPF?

A lot of scientists are saying that Puthoff wants to get something out of nothing... free energy if you will. I don't think his research says that even remotely. I think he is merely researching something that has the potential to change history of the human race drastically. I think he is researching something because nobody 'KNOWS' anything about it and they haven't ever known. So I personally think that possible reward is worth whatever research money can be aloted to him; so that he can find out. Why? because that is what the Scientific process is all about. Investigating the unknown is the only way we are ever going to get off this ball of rock that people call Earth. If we don't get off this ball of rock? Well considering the forum this is in, I would suggest that we all know without a doubt that the human race has a very short life expectancy... mostlikely tied to the Earth's life expectancy.

Woodside Kid, you say you have a scientist that says there isn't enough ZPF energy. Well I am sure I can show you a scientist besides Puthoff who says there is a tremendous amount. Who is right? Well no one 'Knows' anything really about it so I say their both wrong. Mathematics is based on known values and ZPF is completely unknown. So I say your scientist is a crackpot himself for suggesting he mathematically proved that there isn't enough ZPF energy. Such a theory is without any logical reasoning because there is nothing from which to base it upon.

Another thing, remote viewing is real. Whether you believe it or not, I do. Puthoff supporting that man means he believes it too, despite people like Dr. Weinberg and your criticism. An act to which I find very honorable and admirable... We all have to believe in something and Puthoff following his beliefs despite people like you calling him a crackpot too... well I find that very admirable.

Now please hear this... if ZPF is truly tied to Gravity(Mass) and Inertia, then it matters very little how much ZPF energy there is. Why? because we would now have artificial gravity and faster than light travel. Why? because by manipulating your 'mass' and 'inertia' you are manipulating your effect on space... thereby separating yourself from space. Given enough separation the rules of e=mc2 become transitory because you are not in this reality anymore.

Of course you probably will call me a crackpot for saying that but how many of Star Trek's notion of fancy are being proven or being built? Did you know that trekkers/scientist have actually built a 'Transporter'? The problem currently is that the recieving computer can't put the object back together fast enough and it ends up in goe. The point is that what you consider 'impossible' today may just well be proven as truth tomorrow.

I on the other hand try to keep my mind open because nothing is impossible. I also support Dr. Puthoff because he is researching what the majority think is 'impossible'. Well... if we always researched what the church/government/society said was common sense where would be? Without America, without Newton, Without Einstein... need I go on? our scientific history is made up of scientist some people call heroes because they researched something that they knew to be truth but was against what everybody else said.

[ March 13, 2002, 12:53: Message edited by: Merenzine Gold ]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, remote viewing. I was wondering how long a discussion of zero point energy would take to devolve to the Art Bell level.
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bunnies. Big, soft bunnies.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Merenzine Gold
Ex-Member

hope you feel better now.

[ March 14, 2002, 00:20: Message edited by: Merenzine Gold ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps