Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » USS Skagerrak and USS Aliquippa (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: USS Skagerrak and USS Aliquippa
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knack, Shmack!
Doing schematics is not hard to do once you start using a drawing program. You just have to develop a method.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Masao, what programs do you use for drawing!?!

And those two ships, I'm gonna say they AREN'T Federation ships... just because - in the first pic they have 'similar looking' nacelles - doesn't make them Fed ships - the Romulan BOP had 'Fed-esque' nacelles! That first pic could be a new Romulan ship! - it sorta has a 'beak' developing! ;o)

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Macromedia Freehand version 7 (current version out is 10) on my Mac iBook.

I was reading the author's comments about these ships from their appearance in the GEC Logbook in 1998. Mark Wilson says that his goal wasn't to produce exact scale drawings of the ships as they appeared in the animated episode but to draw them as if they had been physical models built at the time of the original series. He added details to make them consistent with Federation ship designs of the time. I agree, they don't look like Starfleet ships, despite the nacelles.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Masao, (if I assume correctly that his drawings of the ships appeared in the mag) could you perhaps scan them for people to see? (As I said, I've ordered sets of both ships' plans from FF, but they won't get here for at least a week, and even when they do, chances are they'll be too large for my scanner...)

The refitted version of the Hopi-class is on shipschematics.net, but the others aren't.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Yeah. I'll see what I can do.

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Mim: I emailed you the scanned schematics.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps