Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The 22nd Enterprise(s)

Author Topic: The 22nd Enterprise(s)
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its just occured to me that could it be possible for two Enterprise prototypes to be built? Obviously the humans knew of the Vulcan ships that had the same loom as the Enterprise from ST1, and then we have the NX class. The ST1 Enteprrise could have been copied from the Vulcans since at that time Vulcans had superior technology than the humans. I mean there could have been a few warp propulsion races with one of the NX class and the other 'Ring Ship' class. Perhaps the Ring Ship Enterprise was failure or something else.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or the ringed ship was a vulcan ship, maybe the successor of the NX-01, named for the ship after it's tragical destruction 2158. [Big Grin]

OK, maybe not. But the ship shares some similarities with vulcan designs, so it could have been some sort of testbed, what you suggested. Something that came between FC and Broken Bow. I could imagine it was some sort of exchange program between the Vulcans and Earth, they gave us the ship and we gave them good music. [Smile]
After seeing what you can do with a fast ship, Earth decided to build their own 'Hot Rod'. Without Vulcan help. Of course we didn't want to look like loosers compared with the Vulcans. So we tried on our own. And The ring-ship became a test vehicle for prototype technologies. A fast ship to test how systems work at high velocity conditions.

Or it was the original design for NX01, changed after the Vulcans protested and accused us of violation of copyrights. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's obviously more important than the NX-01, given that it was favored in the TMP lounge.

(I know...the displays change every week...the Ent-D observation lounge display is faulty...only Sisko doesn't care about pre-Fed Starfleet and calls Kirk's Enterprise the first Enterprise...the holodeck computers are programmed to assume that everyone wants a post-2161 Enterprise...)

Boris

[ March 16, 2002, 13:14: Message edited by: Boris ]

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think it came later, those Vulcans in Enterprise wouldn't give you their name if they could get away with it. An entire starship, complete with Vulcan knowledge on subspace geometry and so on, would seem out of the question for before Enterprise. And since it was mentioned that humans and Vulcans never really served onboard the same ship, it's unlikely that it was a Vulcan ship with a partially human crew.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus, Archer doesn't have it on display in his quarters. Were it an important testbed (it must be important because we see it in TMP) it would've made sense to include it.

It could be the ship that broke the Warp 5 speed limit -- after all, the huge, awkward engines suggest that it wasn't built for fun, but rather a specific purpose.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BuT EVERYWON NOSe IIT WS A L!NR. DECLARASHUN CALSS!
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^

Everything all right? You seem to be a bit confused right now. [Smile] [Razz]

Where does the Declaration-class come from? I had a source some time ago calling it a 'Jeffries-class', which seems to be more fitting, IMO.

What if the temporal war leads to the the extinction of the entire Enterprise-timeline? Maybe everything from First Contact to the foundation of the Federation ceases to exist and is replaced with the timeline we know, the romulan wars, the ringed ship Enterprise, klingons without latex-heads, the UESPA, no forcefields, tractor beams, cloaking devices, replicators, transportes, holodecks and forcefields, and NO GODDAMN D7S!!! Sorry.
What if the NX-01 sacrifices herself to prevent an invasion of the evil Borg from the 31st century, which came back through time with Admiral Janeways advanced technology to destroy the Federation once again. And they destroyed the timeline to restore a better one. Would make a good 7th-season B&B-style-two-parter and continuity-fans happy to get their Roddenberry-universe back. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused too. Where are we talking about the USS Enterprise, NCC-1701-U?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, maybe the presence of the E-E crew at First Contact caused this change in the time line... maybe before Cochrane's "glimpse" of the E-E shiloetted against the sun, the Warp 5 project might have ended up with the ring ship. Also Lily onboard the E-E might have exposed her to too many technologies... she got to see all the Enterprises ahead of her.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jb
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Declaration class comes from The Spaceflight Chronology, thought I might be wrong. It's happened before...
Regards
Jb

IP: Logged
Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i sort of agree with Capt. Amasov's theory that a temporal event changed the timeline eliminating Archer's timeline, but in doing so, Archer and Crew's sacrifice allowed the human race to continue as we know it....that would eliminate most problems that we might have wit continuity.

I proposed a similar plan before ENT came out...but nobody thawt it would be possible - of course we all know that my post is the result of a madman's delusions but who cares???

Buzz

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh well, its gone from a simple theory on how another 22nd Eterprise could exist to a Enterprise bashing post.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps