Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Again...help me out, non-canoneers! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Again...help me out, non-canoneers!
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look here to read what it is I'm doing, and please see if you can be of any service.

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/monkeyofmim/MMoM_shiplist.htm

And if anyone sees anything else wrong there, please let me know. But know that I haven't updated some of the runabout's entrie to include all of their eps yet.

Thanks a lot,
-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you want to add ships from novels and comics.. i can tell you most off the top of my head..

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your HTML and/or CSS is screwed up. In both IE6 and Opera 6 the Starfleet table starts off the left hand edge of the screen with no way to scroll to it; works okay if I maximise my browser window, but why have a big screen unless I want to see many windows at once? And in Netscape 6 some of the ship names don't appear.

Moral: don't use MS Word to generate HTML. [Wink]

Anyway on to the corrections:

USS Carolina. Registry NCC-160 and Class Daedalus should be in blue, it's a cock up on Okuda's part.

NCC-1701-B. Maybe it was listed as Alaska class in those fandom blueprints of the Alaska class battlecruiser, but in FASA the NCC-1701-C was a member of the (never illustrated) Alaska class.

USS Saratoga (ST IV version) also has a fandom registry of NCC-1892. Don't ask why, it's painful.

USS Valiant. Class Consitution should be in purple as there's no canon evidence for this (and indeed no way that TOS - 50 years could be a Connie even with the original idea that the Connies were ~40 years old as opposed to ~20).

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fandom poster lists the Enterprise-C as Alaska-class. Hmm... I think there's a cool scrren name lurking there... "Phandom Poster"... Nah...

As for the Constitution-class Valiant, I like to think she was named after the earlier ship that went missing.

--Jonah

P.S. Don't use MS Word... Period. [Razz]

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What exactly do you concider 'non canon but reliable and worth including it'?

There are, for example, a complete list of Cheyenne-class ships with stats in the Cheyenne class Orientation Manual (that's where the NCC-50000 comes from), I have several novels with ship names (most notably the Dominion-wararc story from that four-parter, which mentiones several ships participating in the final battle), There's a large table of ships with registry and class in the appendix of the Dominion War sourcebook and there are Jackill's SRM's, but I wont tell you all the names in that book because if I did, we'd still working on that next year. [Smile]

Oh, and for your information, maybe you read the Nemesis-script, maybe not (the link is posted at Dark Horizons, look for the news at Trekweb). But there are several ships mentioned; (SPOILER, hehe...) - the Titan, of course, the Hemmingway (the ship that tows Enterprise back to the dock after the final battle) and the Talos (Commander Madden's former assignment). There's a scene in the film, shortly before the ship enters the Bassen-rift inside Astrometrics (huh!), and Data shows Picard where the fleet awaits Enterprise's arrival. I really hope they create a really good Okudagram with lots of names and registries and such. [Roll Eyes] . Just by the way. [Wink]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Non-canoneers? Gosh, maybe you should form a club, call yourself, I dunno, the Catapult Cavaliers or something (and I defy anyone to recognise that reference). 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Captain Kyle:

Like I said, all I'm still dealing with all canon ships (except for the Bonhomme Richard, Cygnus, Federation, etc.) but I'm just filling in gaps in our canon knowledge about them with what has been given in non-canon sources. Again, I'm not using ships that don't at least exist already in canon, in some form. (Even if it's only a name, etc.)

Thanks for the Nemesis ships. [Smile]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

[ March 20, 2002, 11:39: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone sing!

"Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me?
"N-O-N, C-A-N, O-N-E-E-R!"

Erm... No, never mind...

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stranger things have happened.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

A couple specific questions...

1.) Wasn't there some publication that gave a class and reg to the Aurora?

2.) Supposedly the TMP S.S. Enterprise is a Declaration-class starliner. Has there ever been a registry associated w/ this ship?

3.) Steve's site mentions a Canopus-class U.S.S. Antares from the Spaceflight Chronology. Is ther a reg mentioned?

4.) I could have sworn there was a class and reg in something for the S.S. Columbia from "The Cage."

5.) Have there been other regs (before Okuda) for some of the class ships like the Constellation or Galaxy or Intrepid?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mim, it IS possible for a ship to not have a prefix.. i seriously doubt the Vulcans have a 'S.S.' anything

BTW.. Drexler & Mandel's Officer's Manual list Aurora as U.S.S. Aurora, NCC-1200 or NCC-1300, I'm not sure.. it might have had one of those funky TASstyle letter regs too.. but the schematic is grossly inaccurate, as is the fact that it is just as likely (if not moreso) it wasnt a Starfleet ship.

[ March 20, 2002, 12:21: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got an old Fasa publication with a whole bunch of starship designs, several new and interesting classes, and ship names. Are you after this kind of stuff as well?

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Admiral:
I've got an old Fasa publication with a whole bunch of starship designs, several new and interesting classes, and ship names. Are you after this kind of stuff as well?

I'm after anything that fills in empty spaces on that list. [Smile]
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VP said: "Non-canoneers? Gosh, maybe you should form a club, call yourself, I dunno, the Catapult Cavaliers or something (and I defy anyone to recognise that reference). 8)"

Is that a Buckaroo Banzai ref? (from HK Cavaliers)
Of course, canon --> cannon --> non-cannon --> catapault.

Lee
Member # 393

Nope. The name just popped into my head when I saw the thread title. . . it's an extremely obscure reference, I only mentioned it in the end because I was curious to see if someone else HAD read the same book I did (hint, there).

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps