Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Again...help me out, non-canoneers! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Again...help me out, non-canoneers!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently, it's from the "Professor Branestawm" books by Norman Hunter.

No, I haven't read them. But I have read google.com. :-)

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
1.) Wasn't there some publication that gave a class and reg to the Aurora?

NCC-C1200, Aurora class space cruiser, a class three small spacecraft.

quote:
3.) Steve's site mentions a Canopus-class U.S.S. Antares from the Spaceflight Chronology. Is ther a reg mentioned?
No it doesn't. SFC features a Canopus class. I was hypothesising that the authors intended the Antares to be a member of this class, but the book doesn't mention the Antares at all.

quote:
[QB5.) Have there been other regs (before Okuda) for some of the class ships like the Constellation or Galaxy or Intrepid?[/QB]
FASA makes the Constellation NCC-2500. Other sources use NCC-1017 (sometime with a -A suffix) or NCC-7100.

You may also want to add:
HT03-23682 Kobayashi Maru
KT56-43312 Astral Queen

Oh and USS Antares NCC-1820, Tikopai class is NOT the Charlie X ship as the Tikopai class entered service a decade later. It's a sucessor ship.

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
. . . and I said to myself when I first posted it, "I bet Nix will just put it into a seacrh engine to show how clever he is."

Honestly, I did. Predictable, Timothy, very, very predictable. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A small addition: The Yeager's first appearance was not 'Doctor Bashir, I Presume?' but 'Sacrifice of Angels'. The very last shot was the familiar DS9-with-Excelsior-docked-and-Yeager-in-the-background-and-Nebula-right-in-front-of-the-station-shot. The ship also appeared in 'The Magnificent Ferengi'. I'll inform you if I notice further appearances, next two weeks I'll have much time to re-watch all the old DS9 episodes. On word: Holidays! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee: Problem is, if I wanted to look clever, I wouldn't have told you that I'd used a search engine. :-)
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps "clever" was the wrong word. Maybe "Nixlike" would be better. Fact remains, I knew YOU were going to do it. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Amasov, the Yeager's first appearance was in "Doctor Bashir, I Presume." That episode comes before "Sacrifice of Angels," and of course we saw the Yeager before the sixth season. And I've seen the episode and remember saying "What ship is that?" and then finding out it was a Yeager.

--------------------
Meh

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's true. I remember seeing it for the first time in the background, way before the Dominion War had started. I remember thinking at the time that it was cool for TPTB to show another Intrepid class ship in another Star Trek series. It was only later that I took a closer look at it on my videotape, and realized that there was something not quite right about the ship.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Identity Crisis:
NCC-1701-B. Maybe it was listed as Alaska class in those fandom blueprints of the Alaska class battlecruiser, but in FASA the NCC-1701-C was a member of the (never illustrated) Alaska class.

Actually, though I don't think it is a FASA publication, I do have an image of the "Alaska Class Battlecruiser" which the 1701-C was supposed to be. (It showed an Excelsior for the 1701-B.)

It was part of a set . . . I didn't get the whole set, because a lot of the data about the 1701-D was heavily contradicted by the Tech Manual. For instance, the E-D was supposed to use "Ultrawarp", which was evidently something beyond transwarp.

I got it as part of an old catalog from "Intergalactic" something-or-other (their emblem involved a dragon in some way) . . . they sold a lot of sci-fi and fantasy stuff way back when. I'll see if I can dig it up and get a scan of it.

[ March 24, 2002, 11:05: Message edited by: Guardian 2000 ]

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ultrawarp (where v = c * w^5) was in the FASA TNG Officer's Manual and explained how the E-D could be faster than the Excelsior but use lower warp factors. So whilst transwarp allowe the Excelsior to do warp 14 that was still using the old v = c * w^3 warp scale.

I don't own the Alaska class battle cruiser publication but as it came out in 1988 it's probably inspired by the FASA book.

http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/battlecruiser_alaska1.jpg

The company you're thinking of is Intergalactic Trading, still going strong via mail order, the web (http://www.intergalactictrading.com/) and auctions on eBay, Amazon, etc. They're a really excellent source for old fan and gaming publications.

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Identity Crisis:
I don't own the Alaska class battle cruiser publication but as it came out in 1988 it's probably inspired by the FASA book.

http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/battlecruiser_alaska1.jpg

Yup, that's her! Hardly the most attractive ship, but an interesting take on the idea of "something-between-Excelsior-and-Galaxy".

quote:

The company you're thinking of is Intergalactic Trading, still going strong via mail order, the web (http://www.intergalactictrading.com/) and auctions on eBay, Amazon, etc. They're a really excellent source for old fan and gaming publications.

It's been a long, long time since I saw anything from them. Thanks for the reminder!

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That episode was 5th season? That means at least 1 of the kitbashes predates the whole arc. If they started constructing them some time before the 6-parter, we may find the missing two ships in an episode between 'Doctor Bashir, I Presume?' and SoA. Maybe I should check them again.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

darkwing_duck1
Member # 790

- posted      Profile for darkwing_duck1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Constellation (of that class) COULDN'T be in the 7000s, as the Hathaway was in the 2500s somewhere IIRC. I've seen a 1900-something for Constellation (presumedly the class ship for that class), but that was an Okuda thing.
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we know Constellation is 1974. And is the class ship. The 7100 comes off a model of a Constellation class ship in Picard's Ready Room. That model was indeed labeled as NCC-7100, but had no name.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps