Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ "Acquisition" Tech Funnies! [Spoilers] (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ "Acquisition" Tech Funnies! [Spoilers]
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We all have our own views of what the Trek Universe should look like, that's why we go here and try to show it. But Matrix, for a fan like me who looks into detail and continuity at every episode and in life, what do want me to do? Forget that TNG and the past series' never existed? I've always prefered a linear perspective in life and prefered to see on in the TV shows I watch. That is why I'm not happy with Enterprise; it's not linear in the timeline and the stories aren't that creative. Hopefully that will change since I know how bad the first season of TNG was. But if it doesn't then I just might erase this show out of my mind and of my version of the Trek Universe.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ENT is revealing the background of all the stuff we see later. It doesn't actually contradict what we've seen, just the *made-up* background people have fabricated in the past.

ENT is a prequel series. Yes, there are going to be small changes in the continuity of things. TPTB will be making adjustments to what might have been implied by or inferred from previous shows. However, I do not believe they will be messing with stuff that has been concretely established, only what has not been. Any changes are of little overall consequence in the larger picture. Trek is a changing dynamic. They must feel free to tinker. Such is the way of things. It has always been this way. The Ferengi are a case in point. So are the Borg. So are the Vulcans. So are a lot of things.

Flexibility is the key.

YOU need to change YOUR view of the Trek universe in order to fit what THEY are revealing. Not the other way 'round.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess that post sounds a bit like B&B propaganda, but it really is true. Change is not so bad, as long as it is subtle and not too drastic. Personally, I think ENT so far has been on the right track with this.

-MM

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like is all about change. You change your life around when you first go to school, walk, and so on. Yes I like to see them try to keep everything accurate from past series. However that's like being chained to the wall for past comments that you said.

On the other hand, if you don't Enterprise, that much why are you watching it at all? Why must complain when you have no say whatsoever what B&B does to it?

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps