Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Akira the real deal... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Akira the real deal...
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fianc�e. Who I'm marrying in three weeks. Jeff has this weird obsession with her, he has this compunction to drop her name whenever possible. It's actually becoming quite tedious, verging on creepy in fact, and definitely an intrusion into my personal life.

And there's as much chance of him or anyone else seeing any naked photos of her as there is of Omega seeing that pic of LOA in a bikini which Tim has. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you only knew...
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*belatedly joins Sigfreid in the lounge and mixes him a Suntan Lotion (an ounce each of Bailey's Irish Cream and Captain Morgan Rum)*

--Jonah

P.S. You can find a full synopsis of my stance on registries over in the "TOS ships" thread...

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gimme one of those, a 'photon torpedo' and a 'drooling fanboy'.

Good morning, hangover. [Razz]

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
u know i hope Koi-boy (or girl, i wouldnt really know) isnt another Darkstar....whether that was alright to bring up i wouldnt know either.

anyway, lets add more to the dungheap while i still can:
[try not to respond to the ideas put forward in this post just think about them]
this tests the limits of On-screen Canon;[hypothetical situation] what if in the final version of an episode or a movie, for some obscure reason, there is an editing mistake and something makes it into the final version which completely contradicts what we know about the current Trek Universe. Do we take this as the 'truth' since it was said in dialogue?
plus wat if a filmcrew member was seen on screen (by mistake, naturally) is it Canon, that such a person exists on the enterprise.?

just something to think about try not to overreact, if this turns into something that isnt fun anymore i dont think its worth commenting.

Buzz

--awards himself -100,000 points for making such a pointless post

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...if a filmcrew member was seen on screen (by mistake, naturally) is it Canon, that such a person exists on the enterprise.?"

Only as much so as that the E-D has at least one boom-mic installed in it.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was just wondering what Koy actually thinks about the Akira-class himself.. is he just trolling up a controversial topic for shits and giggles, or does he have an opinion?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps KoiCarp'calledOtto is merely using us to plug his book. How humilating, to be reduced to the level of a daytime chat show. . .

(but on the other hand. . .)

Coming up next: Jeff Benson wil be showing us some interesting ways to kick roadkilled deer, and Frank Gerratana will be sending us a live report from the beaches of Tahiti.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is best to leave dead deer alone. Better to inform the local police department so they can dispose of the body.

When hitting the deer, you want to strike it hard with the strongest part of your Jeep: usually, the front grille. Depending on your speed, an impact won't damage your vehicle, but will provide a killing blow to the deer.

It is best to hit the deer at the side. A head blow can be bloody.

If you don't want to hit a deer, be careful: deer don't run from headlights or moving objects. Repeated honks of your horn should be enough to entice the deer to move it's fat ass.

Mounting a computer-controlled 9mm MP5 to a drop-open slot on the engine compartment can also help kill deer without involving actual impact with the deer and your Jeep. I suggest the compact (non-stock) model, with CTC "Smart" Progressive Targeting Chip z3400, and fifty-round capacity magazine loaded with a mix of "hollow-points" and "exploding" rounds with mechanical mag-switch and infa-red targeting system (extra).

Now, depending on the time of day of your kill, you may choose to take photographs of your 'victim.' I suggest a Mark-VII Cannon (built in flash) All Purpose Camera with auto-zoom, stabilizer, and night-vision. After pictures are developed, mail them to Kate c/o Vogon Poet, London, England.

[ April 11, 2002, 10:26: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snayer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
what if in the final version of an episode or a movie, for some obscure reason, there is an editing mistake and something makes it into the final version which completely contradicts what we know about the current Trek Universe.
They don't have to make mistakes. They're doing this just fine in regular production.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i ocmpletely agree with u Dukhat, the points i put up were just for the sake of argument, and possibly shutting up this thread [Big Grin]

neways, on a side-note (i[m sure its been mentioned b4 but) has the Enterprise-E been confirmed as Sovereign class in dialogue?

Buzz

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

No.

Also, I don't recommend using a cannon on the deer. You'll just make an even bigger mess.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thrill of the hunt, TSN, thrill of the hunt. Jeff wants to make a big mess...

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you tie the deer to the cannon's barrel (just over the big hole), it's even better. Obviously this requires quite a few people to move the deer, but believe me the end result is worth it.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cannon? Cannon? No one said anything about a cannon ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps