Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Akira the real deal... (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Akira the real deal...
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stop giving him ideas, damnit. I can see the headlines now, "Man kills deer, self, two passerbys with home-made howtizer".

[ April 12, 2002, 15:46: Message edited by: David Templar ]

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you kidding?

Man Eliminates Deer Population of Northern Baltimore County with Howitzer.

Thousands of Cockeysville and Timonium residents feared dead in deer bloodbath.

[ April 12, 2002, 17:44: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snayer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Rogue Starship
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I think it is really rude to go off and talk about something else that is off topic like ways to kill a deer.
If you want to do that then start another Post!
We are suppose to be talking about starships and tech, not bull that has no relevance on the topic at hand.

And for the smart ass out there, I know that what we argue about is fictional. It is just a hell of alot of fun and should be looked on as a hobbie.

Rogue Starship

IP: Logged
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As has been pointed out numerous times before (particularly pages 1 and 2 of this thread), we've been through this discussion several times before and there is still nothing new to add to the topic. Therefore, there isn't a topic to stay on since we summed up all there really is to know early on.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RS: how long have you been here? I think by now you should have noticed that most of the topics degenerate or go off-topic and that what we end up talking about has absolutely no relevance to the original thought or question.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We could talk about the effectiveness of an Akira as a deer killing platform, if there were deers in space. Heh, space deers.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus. That would rack up the body-damage pretty quick ...

... nothing more embarassing for a junior lieutenant on his first bridge watch then having the ship hit a deer [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
xxx***xxx*** TEH AK1rA CALSS CaN ***KkIIlLlL*** a MILLLiun deEr w1HT iTs -47- QqUanTMU ToRPeDOE TOObz!!! adn the BoRg 2!!!! lololololololololol ***xxx***xxx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CaptainMike, can I have whatever you're on please?
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
marijuana and dayquil, man... marijuana and dayquil. You guys are just lucky I don't/can't drink anymore

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snayer:
quote:
If it looks new
Compared to ... ? It doesn't look new, it looks different. Big difference, and you're confusing the two.
Fine, in my opinion, its shape, looks, and color looks NEWER then most other ships in First Contact or other series. (excluding the Promie)

I belive the Akira is a newer and more powerful vessel then the tech guides say.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I believe you're wrong and talking out of your ass, no offense.

The Akira looks different from all those ships, didn't you yourself say that? You decide whats newer based on, what? Very little, I'd say. Sorry, Proteus, but you see a ship that looks different and you decide that it must be newer!

Well, ok. Fine. I'd do that cute little UM fanboy typing, but I'm not very good at it.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

Or we could just consider the fact that it's newly created especially for ST:FC...

--------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So was the Phoenix.

Timo Saloniemi

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't see Starfleet being too impressed with any Starship ramming a deer:

Admiral: Captain, what the hell is that huge red stain on the front of your ship?

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps