Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The Defiant (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Defiant
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
> U.S.S. Defiant NCC-1764, 1st app. "The Tholian Web"
> U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205, second ship, 1st app. "The Search"
> U.S.S. Defiant NCC-75633, the third ship, formerly named U.S.S. Sao Paulo (unfortunately misregistered during "What You Leave Behind" because of stock footage)

[ April 10, 2002, 23:10: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

CaptAlabin
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you mean Defiant NX-74205 for Defiant II and Defiant NX-74205 for Defiant III.

The D3 was cheated out of having the 75633

IP: Logged
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no! They're still testing the Defiant, you can see it by the NX.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that when they renamed the Sao Paulo the registry number was also changed to fit with the name. I thought that that was the general "theory" behind it all - like they renamed the USS Yorktown in Star Trek IV to become Enterprise-A. [Confused]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
gallivanting across the Gamma quadrant aboard a Nova class ship or something
Admittedly, the GC is less threatening with the Dominion seemingly out of the picture, but still, I wouldn't want to go across it in an itty-bitty Nova. You need something a little more defense-capable.

And what if Odo's entreaties don't quite manage to sway the Founders? Then what?

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
grr, though... the point of a registry is to distinguish a ship. Thats why they added an '-A' to 1701 in the case of the Yorktown.. the Defiant, I think, should receive its proper registry, and the (brief) episode where it was shown should be disregarded in the name of common sense. Besides, the Sao Paulo was a regular series construction, so i dont see any reason to bounce it over to 'NX' again, unless theyre testing an Omega-13 down in the fifth shuttlebay (Tardis technology)

--------------------

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, they're tsting the ship still! Thats why they have a NX-74205! See the Sao Paulo was not testing but, the Defiant was so naturally they had to transfer the experiments on the new Defiant. Therefor they had to repaint the Defiant NX-74205!

Just kidding.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The likeliest post DS9 DS9, in my opinion, is surrounded by new stations, weapons platforms, and so on, and is the headquarters for the task force of starships permenently stationed there. Bajor = West Germany, in other words.

I doubt the Federation is going to decide to stop considering the Dominion a threat, regardless of how friendly one member of its governing body may be.

capped
Member # 709

Does this mean theyre going to build a wall on Cardassia Prime separating the sides liberated by the Federation and the Romulans?

--------------------

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget the side liberated by the Klingons. Although that wall will probably have some shrubbery on the Federation side to symbolize its friendship with the Klingons.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

capped
Member # 709

and who will prepare the shrubbery? perhap someone can be coerced to obtain it by The Klingon Warriors Who Say nIH'...

[ April 10, 2002, 23:24: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said Bajor was like West Germany, not Cardassia. I suppose Cardassia may very well end up like Berlin, but that wasn't exactly what I was getting at with that post.
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's something to be said for the possibility that Starfleet actually gets kicked out of Bajor, too. Apparently, the Prophets had an objection to Bajor joining the UFP, and now the Emissary is gone and cannot reverse that decision. So Bajor probably won't be a member world in the foreseeable future. And it's *their* station that still keeps guard over the wormhole mouth at the end of the series, *their* officer in command, and *their* dibs to the phenomenon in the first place. Plus they've got the remaining Orbs, ergo, the only working hotline to the Prophets. (Or can the Feds go pillage some from the ruins of Cardassia?)

If the new Kai decides to forbid Starfleet presence in the system, would the Feds send in their gunboats to change the Kai's mind? Are they that interested in going to Gamma anyway, now that they know who's on the other side? If Bajor decided to allow traffic to go through but not to allow Starfleet to regulate it, would the Feds comply?

Timo Saloniemi

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My whole take on the issue with Bajor joining the Federation is this: Sisko warned them not to join the UFP before the war, because if they had, they would have been destroyed as a member of the Dominion's enemy. However, now that the war is over, the Prophets may very well see the benefits of Bajor joining up.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, I think Aban is correct... the Prophs didn't want Bajor to join the Feds because of the up-coming war... once that was out of the way - I think it was ok for them to join.

Oh, and how do we know there weren't OTHER Defiants between "The Tholian Web" and "The Search"!?!

ALSO - the renaming of the Sao-Paulo to the old Defiant with the exact same registry - allows ships like the NCC-1017 Constellation to fit into chronological order of Connies... it's just that the Constellation was probably another registry in the 17's and possibly even another name.

The only ship to get the EXTRA SPECIAL designation of a suffix was the Enterprise ships.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps