Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Real-life spacecraft in ST (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Real-life spacecraft in ST
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's extremely unlikely that the Russians or anyone else will be able to get anything more useful than spare parts out of the completed Buran prototype(s). Would be neat if they could, though.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol! You have just posted the 34.000th post in the Starships & Tech forum!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and we care WHY? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a lot of posts. Ha! I guess this proves that silly old prophecy was wr^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I post the (almost) completely unrelated tidbit of info that the Russian have un-mothballed the Antonov An-225, the world's largest airplane ever built?

I say almost unrelated, as in the old days, the An-225 was used to carry the Buran just like the 747 sometimes does with the shuttles.

I just think it's a fascinating piece of technology. Check this out for more info:
Antonov 225 Info page
Enjoy!

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Buran...

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AGH! You beat me to it! I'd just read that article!

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there are 462 memebers, at $12,987.00 each, a little more for shipping, handling, and taxes....

Another $20,000.00 to $30,000.00 each for getting it flight ready, advertising, and the such....

Get a few Tito's to want to be passengers.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you read that article, you'll find out something fishy . . . several copies of the original Buran were built, and they're all known by the same name.

What the heck is *that* about?

On the good side, though, this probably explains the NX-01 Enterprise and NX-01 Dauntless thing. You see, in 2151 Starfleet outsourced the handling of registries to the Russians, obviously, meaning that every Starfleet vessel of the era is NX-01.

(Later, of course, Starfleet caught on and got on to the Russians, saying that they wanted *different* registries for each ship . . . hence the crackpot registries of the TOS era. Ah, yes, it's all come together now.)

[Razz]

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps