Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to General Trek.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Starfleet Operations / Departments

Author Topic: Starfleet Operations / Departments
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure where to put this thread, maybe Designs and Creativity? But this is not a starship design, etc. but a discussion on the hierarchical relationships of Starfleet departments, offices and agencies.

This is a Flow Chart Diagram to illustrate a plausible picture of how Starfleet is organised:

http://www.trekmania.net/diplomatic/sf_flowchart.jpg

It isn't entirely finished, it's an Alpha version for now, and I haven't put all the departments in little boxes yet... The image comes from this page on The Federation:

http://www.trekmania.net/diplomatic/federation.htm

The idea was inspired by Lance Nutter (www.thetrkker.org) who had entered into a similar endeavour.

A lot of this is speculative, obviously, as there are gaps and uncertainties, which I've attempted to fill in by studying traditional Naval department relationships. I've also included all the known/established departments that I personally know of, some may sound obscure like the Starfleet Regulatory Agency, but they for example exist - they're health and safety people and are mentioned in the TNG Tech Manual, and there are other such examples in the chart besides...

Thoughts...?

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I think I would try to stay out of the Delta Fighter Wing in fleets 1-10... The very bottom of the hierarchy... [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking this is more general, and not technical. *move*

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps