Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » steamrunner class. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: steamrunner class.
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're working on that--- we might actually have sketches in the future... I'll pass that along.

We haven't promoted the site yet because we aren't done yet... but we will be soon. I will pass that along gladly though...

Thanks guys.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Siwiak
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*waves hand* Hi everybody.

As J pointed out already, the Don Johnson was named after a former staff member who passed away some time ago, and it was only fitting to rename the ship he ran (formerly U.S.S. Comanche).

I happen to be a member of the group of guys putting that stuff together, with my personal credits going to the New Orleans, Defiant and Shuttles. Simply put, the reason we didn't include detailed images was because we wanted all the specs to be standard across the board and not show favoritism to any particular one. Featured ships such as the Intrepid and Galaxy would have tons of pics, while the New Orleans and Norway have less canon images then fingers on your right hand.

As we continue to work on finishing up a few more starship classes, I'll more the likely be updating the images section with various other pictures, including scans from Star Trek: The Magazine, etc.

IP: Logged
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! Keep us updated.

However, a lot of the information is the same from ship to ship - probe and shuttle descriptions, most of the facilities, etc. Seeing as how most of it is pretty much copied form ship to ship, I would recommend instead that some sort of "standard ship facilities" file be written, and then each ship file would list the differences and amendments thereto. It's not like it's a bandwidth strainer, but we *are* reading the same stuff over and over again...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

i don't use capitalization, and i survived the cannibalism. nice RPG guides, by the way.

--jacob

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Razz] I told you so... [Big Grin]

Things like shuttles and probes are going to be the same throughout the fleet, unless you have special builds like the multi-spatial probe or the Delta Flier--- neither of which we've taken into account because they were special cases.

Beyond that, it's somewhat convenient that all the information of a certain class is found on that class' page--- this is because one only needs to know about their ship's class. So, we put it all into one file.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps, but let's be honest - what Trek fan who'd want to read detailed information about one ship, would not want to read up about the other ships in the fleet? [Wink]

Mark

--------------------

Siwiak
Ex-Member

In the RPG we've made these specs for, I'm fairly certain that there's maybe only 5 of us who have all of our technical manuals memorized. A great number of our players are just casual Trek fans - people who have only the most popular class names memorized, guys who think that all Defiants have cloaks, etc.

To that end, we've made an effort for individual class specs to be a full package for that ship. Like the TNG and DS9 TMs, we're overly detailed on some things that some of our players could care less about.

While we aim to make some pretty damn good and detailed specs that try to remain as close to canon as possible, we're first and foremost creating them as reference guides for our players and staff who don't have schematics lying across their desks like I sadly do... *slumps head, then looks up at Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock poster on the wall*

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Fair enough - don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the content at all! [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

Siwiak
Ex-Member

Naw, naw... I understand ya. The reason I'm quick to say it is because I've already taken these same concerns to the management, and this is the answer they had for me ;-)
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps