Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » the registrys and the 47 rule (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: the registrys and the 47 rule
iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, i'm new here, as you know and most of you are having digs at me for no reason. why is that? give me chance.

anyway. so i presume you all know the 47 rule thing that is famous among star trek fans. well have you ever noticed it in the registry's of some of the most important trek ships? its there, just reversed. here's the ships=
uss defiant nx74205
uss valiant ncc74210
uss sovereign ncc74222
uss intrepid ncc74600
uss voyager ncc74656
uss prometheus nx74913
intentional or coincidence?

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ok, i'm new here, as you know and most of you are having digs at me for no reason. why is that? give me chance.
You have no chance to survive! Make your time!

[ June 19, 2002, 08:50: Message edited by: The New CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the 74***'s are just the numbers that they are up to during TNG,DS9,Voyager years.

What was the first NEW registry we got? The Hood or the Tsiolkovsky?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
the 74***'s are just the numbers that they are up to during TNG,DS9,Voyager years.

i see what you mean. but why the 74XXX's? it is the 47 rule reversed. im willing to put money on it.

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in the early days of TNG Mike Okuda decided that the Galaxy class Explorers would have registries in the 71xxx range. As time went by newer ships got higher regsitries, so the initial Danube class Runabouts got 72xxx registries. By the time TNG ended and the Defiant and Intrepid were introduced the numbers had reached 74xxx. And (with the single exception of the Insurrection scout craft NCC-75227) registries have been stuck in that range ever since. Maybe they reason they got stuck there is part of the great 47 conspiracy, maybe it's just laziness.

[ June 19, 2002, 08:50: Message edited by: Identity Crisis ]

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where'd you get the number for the Sovereign? For all we know, Sovvies are in the 75xxx or 76xxx range.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You forget Sao Paolo which was NCC-75633. Theoretically, they could already be up to the 76xxx range by now...and maybe a stretch to say they could be barely passing into the 77xxx range now.

[ June 19, 2002, 09:58: Message edited by: Dat ]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
uss sovereign ncc74222
NCC-/NX-74222 for the Sovvie is a myth. It was a rumour, and nothing more than that, but it seems to have pretty stuck. There's nothing definitive about it. AFAIK, NCC-75000 was more or less approved by Okuda for use in Starship Spotter

--------------------
Signature.

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, forgot the Sao Paolo. And if they'd kept the same rate constant I'd actually expect them to be at around 85000 by now. [Razz]

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Supposedly, the Saratoga's NCC-31911 comes from 3+1=4 and 9-1-1=7. Whether that was intentional, or something people came up w/ after the fact, I don't know.
Jb
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Supposedly, the Saratoga's NCC-31911 comes from 3+1=4 and 9-1-1=7. Whether that was intentional, or something people came up w/ after the fact, I don't know.

Me thinks that they might be grasping at straws for this one...or are the PTB really that smart? [Wink]

Regards
Jb

IP: Logged
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are other hidden 47s:

Transfer the letters of "ARCHER" into numbers:
A = 1
R = 18
C = 3
H = 8
E = 5
R = 18

Then add and subtract them:
1+18-3+8-5+18=37

Finally add the first letter of Archer's first name (J).

37+10=47 [Big Grin]

[ June 19, 2002, 15:19: Message edited by: Spike ]

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that's really reaching it.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Serious!
Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Defiant and Voyager regos fit the 47 thing:

Defiant 74205: 2+0+5=7 resulting in 747.
Voyager 74656: 6-5+6=7 resulting in 747.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps