Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » the registrys and the 47 rule (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: the registrys and the 47 rule
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deep Space Nine ran for seven seasons, and Captain Sisko had 4 pips on his collar, so that's like a 47.

TNG is a similar case.

Also, if you subtract 3 from 50, which is half of 100, which is 1601 less than the registry of the USS Enterprise, you get, you guessed it: 47.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where'd you get the "Data's Scout" reg number from? If it's correct - it does fit with the Sao Paulo appearing a year? later with a 75*** number.

I reckon the Sovereigns are still around the 73*** or 74***'s - cause they must have been around/being built/designed in TNG. I'd go >74520 (Deffie). and maybe around 74656 (Voyager) possibly after it. 74700/74800?

PLUS I don't believe there would be a constant rate to the registry numbers, I believe the Dominon war - would have pushed the number of ships up into the 75***'s. So in 15 years we've gone from 71's to 75's... and that depends on when the Galaxy got her registry. Probably when it was started. which gives a few years for the 72's, 73's and 74's to build up. roughly 7 years each for each 'thousand'?

That would make the 68's/69's roughly 20 years old. Which'd work.
Or even earlier, cause I reckon the Cardassian Wars would have pushed up starship production. And season -2/-1/1/2/3 TNG would have been quite a lax time in Starship construction.

ALSO One must assume that 1701 and 2000 were OLD registry numbers for the time of the movies. Firstly the 1701 being given way back 20-30 years ealier. AND I reckon the Excelsior/Transwarp project was started a LONG time before TSFS... AND a lot of the Mirandas... the 18** etc. were quite old themselves. They could have been up to the 5000's to 7000's by the time of TUC/first part of Generations.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the number of Data's scout was conveniently printed on the side for you to read. Right next to where the name wasn't.

and, why all the fuss.. its pretty obvious registries arent sequential. just roughly so, based on era and with enough exceptions to prove the rule

inconsequential seems more like it

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps