Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Looking for some pictures... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Looking for some pictures...
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to work on my expanded shiplist again, and I've been scouring the web for some particular images, but can't seem to find them. Maybe somebody here can help...

1. MSDs for movie-era Enterprise (like the one in TWOK where Spock shown Kirk where they've been hit) and Excelsior. (Not made-up, but from actual films.)
2. The two foot Ent-D studio model.
3. Ent-B studio model (labeled as such, not as Lakota)
4. Studio model of TMP Enterprise. (Not Ent-A)
5. Pic of the 11-foot TOS Ent studio model that isn't from its display at the Smithsonian. (Should be showing name and registry, if possible. I've already looked at IDIC, Model Citizen, etc., but nothing seems to be suitable.)
6. THE GODDAMNED TRINCULO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Of course, I don't really expect to find this one, but hell...)

I'll see if I can think of some more.

Thanks,
-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Goodnight, Trinculo, wherever you are..." [Wink]

--------------------
Meh

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go here for some photos of TMP Enterprise. They're in B&W but they show some superb detail.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are indeed superb. Thank you.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

BWC - Phase II
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw some pictures of a guy who built a Galaxy model and named it Trinculo a while ago. Would they be alright?
IP: Logged
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

No, I need the actual thing, but thanks for offering.

I thought of another: The Oberth-class U.S.S. Yosemite model. (It was in that one magazine, not Starlog I don't think, but maybe...oh you guys know what I'm talking about...)

-MMoM [Big Grin]

[ June 23, 2002, 18:13: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you look in the TOS history books for the Enterprise-nil's 11' model, you'll find some black and white one. On the other hand there was an issue in the Coomunicator about the making of the E-nil. If someone can find it and scan it of Mighty Mim...

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Oberth-class U.S.S. Yellowstone model. (It was in that one magazine, not Starlog I don't think, but maybe...oh you guys know what I'm talking about...)
The Yosemite from the April 1993 issue of Cinefantastique.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Yosemite from the April 1993 issue of Cinefantastique.
Spike, do you know if the model was actually labelled "Yosemite" (and it's registry number)? I'm asking because I've made a canon-only shiplist, & I always thought the Oberth that appeared in "Realm of Fear" & which was verbally referred to as the Yosemite was just a reuse of the model without any new labeling.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Yes, it was labeled as the U.S.S. Yosemite NCC-19002. I don't know about the "Realm of Fear" appearance, but it was used in DS9 "Emissary" to represent the U.S.S. Cochrane NCC-59318.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Double Post. Damn.

[ June 23, 2002, 18:13: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, MMoM.

Any pics, anyone?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the Cinefantastique cover had the Oberth with just the registry number. The cover was pictured in the book "Captain's Logs." I know, because this Oberth was the subject of my first post here at Flare.
Ah, the memories. [Wink]

--------------------
Meh

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ah, the memories.
... of a life before the annoying brat we call Veers ...

Kidding, dude, just kidding. Coming up on your one year anniversary! You do know that you gotta buy the beer and vodka at that one ... right?

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Yosemite from that cover was a drawing, if I remember correctly. I should have the old Captain's Log somewhere. If you want it, I can scan it.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps