Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » There's something I promised a while back... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: There's something I promised a while back...
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two words: Starfleet freighters. They don't even have to look like a "normal" Starfleet ship, or at least, I thought so when I built my Sonoma-class ships. How many real-world navies out there use modified or purchased commercial designs?

[ July 10, 2002, 15:33: Message edited by: Shik ]

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Freighters. Sounds good. Maybe an Antares-lineage (Don't hurt me! Put the chainsaw away! [Big Grin] ). But your link doesn't work. 404 - not found.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ass cock fuck in a foxhole.

Now it's fixed.

And while I think about it, tankers. I need t'change that "Commencement Bay" line to read Kings Bay since I changed the name of the class.

[ July 10, 2002, 16:05: Message edited by: Shik ]

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy Roddenberry! You're sure this isn't the USS Red October? [Big Grin]

Nice design, the submarine-elements fit perfectly into the cold-war era of Star Trek VI. (The atmosphere of that movie is unique for ST-movies, in my opinion. This is the least friendly setting in the whole universe, if you ask me. And if I'd encountered one of those things, the dim lights of my Bird of Prey covering the bridge in dark red light, and from the speakers above my head the the threatening overture of TUC or the Crimson Tide-soundtrack, I'd really have pissed my pants. [Big Grin] If only Generations would have been a fitting successor of this wonderful movie... [Roll Eyes] ... but back to the topic. [Smile] )

--------------------

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

Shik, check your PM. [Wink]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps