Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Potemkin in "You Are Cordially Invited..." (DS9) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Potemkin in "You Are Cordially Invited..." (DS9)
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was mentioned of the U.S.S. Potemkin in DS9's "You Are Cordially Invited..."??

Thanks,
-MMoM [Big Grin]

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what my shiplist has;

U.S.S. POTEMKIN
NCC-18253
EXCELSIOR-CLASS
Posting of Will Riker after leaving Betazed, Assists in the evacuation of Nervala IV Science station and involved in hostilities at Turkana IV in 2361, part of the 9th fleet assigned to DS9 in 2374
OPERATIONAL

And this is what was said.

KIRA: USS Potemkin has completed her repairs and is rejoining the fleet later today, Exeter, Sutherland and Akagi have submitted resupply requests...

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mucho gracias, Reverend.
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One simple question, Mim; for quite some time you seem to collect data for... something. Probably a shiplist, but judging by the size it could easily something more. When do you tell us what exactly you are preparing? Any 'release dat' yet? Just curious. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Hehehe... [Big Grin]

I'll go this far: It's a shiplist, but no ordinary shiplist. It's a very extensive shiplist. From this thread you can probably guess what letter I'm currently working on. Starfleet is complete up to that point, and when I'm done I'll do Federation and Pre-Federation.

And as to a release date, let's just say it should be done before UP3... [Roll Eyes]

-MMoM [Wink]

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
And as to a release date, let's just say it should be done before UP3... [Roll Eyes]

-MMoM [Wink]

That's your task? Releasing it before UP3 starts? Half of us will have died of old age by then. [Smile]

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Well, speaking optimistically, Starfleet should be done in about a week.

Make you feel any better? [Smile]

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Well, speaking optimistically, Starfleet should be done in about a week.

Make you feel any better? [Smile]

Ohhh yesss. [Big Grin] (If you need any help, contact me. Holiday time = too much time. [Smile] )

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And once ths Starfleet section is done, could you, say, make a link to it? Or do you want to complete the Pre-Federation stuff before that?

--------------------
Meh

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
And once ths Starfleet section is done, could you, say, make a link to it? Or do you want to complete the Pre-Federation stuff before that?

Yes, when SF is done I'll upload it to my site and link to it. Federation and Pre-Federation will follow whenever I get them done.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Siwiak
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a pretty basic list whipped up for something else I'm working on. For the most part, I think I nabbed all the canon ships on there and am only missing the DY-500s, if I recall. Compiled from Encyclopedia 3rd Edition info, both TMs and and D. Joseph Creighton's wonderful website listing. It's just name, registry, class, if it blew up, and in what episode... just the Ency's listing, but expanded and without descriptions... for now.

http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/list2.html

IP: Logged
Amasov Prime
Member # 742

Just one thing: the Nebula 71905 you list on top of the list; that's the Bochune. And the ship wasn't destroyed (I don't know why everyone assumes this, the tiny explosion wasn't strong enough to destroy the pod pylon). It later appeared in Endgame where you can clearly identify the registry. And the name has been confirmed, too (It's even on the SotL-calendar).

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Instead of making a new topic for this, I thought I'd add it here, since it has to do with the same ship MMoM was asking for in his original post. Anyway...

Was the Potemkin actually seen? Spike & I were discussing this yesterday for my canon shiplist. I had the ship down as having no canon registry & an unknown class (other than the Ambassador silhouette used in the Riker-twin episode). Spike said that the ship was indeed seen in "Ethics." Not that I disbelieve Spike or anything, but can anyone else confirm the sighting? I'm guessing it was just another use of Excelsior stock footage.

Also, Spike showed me an Okudagram with the registry of the U.S.S. Intrepid (the ship Nikolai Rozhenko served on), but it didn't have any class info as far as I could tell. Are there any canon references to the ship being Excelsior class?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's Bonchune. People are always forgetting the "n" between the "o" and the "c".

The Potemkin was seen in "Ethics" It is an Excelsior class and stock footage was used.

The Intrepid was Excelsior class. Okudagram listed the registry number while in "Family Reunion" or whatever the episode was called where the E-D was at McKinley during repairs, Nikolai Rozhenko (and I believe Laforge as well) verbally identified the Intrepid as Excelsior class.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but to my knowledge, no one ever actually came out and stated that the Intrepid was Excelsior class in that episode. Sure, it was heavily implied, but I believe the dialogue went something like, "The Galaxy class's systems are much more advanced than the old Excelsior class's" without actually directly referring to the Intrepid. But I could be wrong.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps