Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Wreckage scene in VOY & DS9 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wreckage scene in VOY & DS9
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, people, before this thread gets bogged down with everyone's "I see an Akira!...I see a Ferengi Shuttlepod!...I see the Gage!...etc." ranting, let's get some fact straight. I only said I had a suspicion that this scene was from Emissary. I could be totally wrong, and all of these "starships" that you're all seeing could actually be just the junk we all thought it was before I wrote this thread topic. I think that if we're going to do some serious analyzing, we need to get better, clearer screencaps than what we have now. So, like I asked before, can I get some help here?

BTW: My personal opinion...I don't see anything that even resembles the ships you're all talking about, with the exception of the Connie nacelle. And even that's sketchy. As far as people seeing an Akira...the design for the Akira wasn't even dreamed up when this shot was made [Razz]

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, we defiantly need some clearer pictures if we're going to do a proper analysis.

In the mean time however, here's an illustration of what I see.
I'm not saying they are what I think they are, but to me they look fairly close.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhh... I'm not 100% sure of this, but...

The central blob you consider a "possible Miranda"...

Isn't that the derriere of the titular ship from the show this screencap comes from?

Timo Saloniemi

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not 100% sure either, but I think you're right. Again, this is why we need better 'caps.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
Uhh... I'm not 100% sure of this, but...

The central blob you consider a "possible Miranda"...

Isn't that the derriere of the titular ship from the show this screencap comes from?

Timo Saloniemi

Nope, I've just watched the scene on video and neither of the blobs are Voyager's rear end.
Shortly after this shot Voyager flies in from the top left and obscures both of them.
However I'm not convinced that the larger blob at the top of the screen is infact a Miranda.
As the scene progresses the object rotates and the altered perspective dosen't look much like a Miranda. On the other hand it could just be a trick of the light.

The small blob however dosen't move at all, I think it could just be apart of a background plate full of funny shaped white blobs, it may be the same element used in some of the other debris fields used in Trek.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps