Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » U.S.S. Biko screencap? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: U.S.S. Biko screencap?
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone have a sceenshot of the Biko from TNG "A Fistful of Datas"?

Thanks,
-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMoM,

The episode "A Fistful of Datas" is not out yet on DVD. I suggest waiting for the sixth season dvd set to be released before asking the question.

Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since the Biko footage was merely lifted from "The Drumhead" (now with a planet hanging in the background), the screenshot Spike posted a while back would be pretty much the same thing...
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the sixth set isn't out yet, but I don't necessarily need a DVD cap. Any screenshot will do. (I'm trying to get a publishable version of my shiplist done by the end of next week.)

And, if the footage was stock, was it at least recomposited or was it just a straight re-use of all elements? [EDIT: I see you stated it was recomposited over a planet. That's good, because it makes it just a little unique.] In any case, I'd still like to get a cap that's from this particular ep, even if it is stock footage. (You'll see why when I get it all done.)

Can anyone help?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree the footage is reused from "The Drumhead". The Oberth model was redressed for "A Realm of Fear" as the U.S.S. Yosemite NCC-19002 . I would like to see this version of the model in screencaps, from both TNG and DS9.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

What ship is this?
Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the Tsiolkovsky, from TNG's "The Naked Now."
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just on the topic of the Oberth class... it was used quite a bit in TNG wasn't it?

Anyway, I was just looking at some schematics of the Oberth Class and I noticed that on the underslung 'secondary hull' there appears to be a sizable 'hole' in the aft section. Could this be an entrance to a shuttle bay - a la the cargo/shuttle bay at the very bottom of the Excelsior class!?!

And it's funny no other future ships had that 'open' bay like the Excelsior did. (A cool 3d image by someone would be a shot from someone standing in the shuttle bay looking out at the back of an excelsior class looming above the viewer. (Oh I wish we still had the Unseen Frontier coming) (not that that shot would have been in it but it could have been something to suggest!)

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we still have the Ship of the Line calendars once a year. Has anyone got 2003's one yet? I haven't seen any mention of it, but all the others seem to be available.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
What ship is this?

it's the HMS Poonani, from TNG's "Wesley Crusher Bukkake".
IP: Logged
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not need that mental image this early in the morning....
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

So, no one's got a Biko cap? [Frown]
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, but the Wesley Crusher Bukkake beckons. i just did a pretty thurough search on google, and i was unable to find any screenshots. was the ship even actually shown in the episode? it's been a long time since i saw it...
IP: Logged
Starship Millennium
Member # 822

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Phlox:
Well we still have the Ship of the Line calendars once a year. Has anyone got 2003's one yet? I haven't seen any mention of it, but all the others seem to be available.

Yep... it's better than 2002 in the fact that it doesn't have any blurry stuff, but there are still some weird choices.
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here ya go.

http://www.trekmania.net/temp/biko1.jpg

Not great, but the best I can do with the quality of the tape.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps