Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » U.S.S. Biko screencap? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: U.S.S. Biko screencap?
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found this on my hard drive, it's essentually the same pic as above.

http://www.zeetec.net/host/phlox/Oberth%20Class%20USS%20Biko.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Starship Millennium:
Yep... it's better than 2002 in the fact that it doesn't have any blurry stuff, but there are still some weird choices.

I heard that none of the pictures feature ships in space, what's that all about? [Smile]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the pics. They're just what I needed. [Big Grin]
Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Phlox:
I heard that none of the pictures feature ships in space, what's that all about? [Smile]

Sorta kinda. They got in a beautifully detailed shot of the NX-01 in orbit of Earth, but most of the others are just ships over different landscapes. For instance, there's ones of the original Enterprise with Christopher's jet from "Tomorrow is Yesterday," Voyager over 1996 L.A., and a bunch of escape pods escaping a Reliant burning up in a planet's atmosphere. But there are also some pretty dumb choices, like the Enterprise-D landed on Veridian III (totally unflattering because of the poor quality of the model, and on top of it all wasn't even a CGI shot) and a few Borg ships over a smoky, burnt out forest (they just look like bumpy cubes behind mist).
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, sorry about that. After looking at those links it appears that I had EXACTLY the same cap as the second link. But... I didn't know it was the Biko. Sorry.

Just looking through my Oberth pictures, I have that screen grab of the Oberth Class MSD. In answer to my previous question as to what the 'hole' in the aft section of the secondary hull is... it does indeed appear to be a shuttle bay. There are shuttles in that section.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Reliant ? What class of ship is this new ship and what is her registry?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do my eyes deceive me, or is the first step into a larger, more sarcastic world?
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newark:
A Reliant ? What class of ship is this new ship and what is her registry?

Nevermind that! *pushes newark aside*

What type of escape pods were they? The ones used on the Defiant or the ones the Saratoga had? Or a new type? I can't wait to get this calendar. [Smile] Oh, and did the Enterprise have any shuttles on the hull?

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psst.. the Reliant is a Miranda.. you know.. from the movie.
Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Psst.. the Reliant is a Miranda.. you know.. from the movie.

I refuse to say Miranda class on basis of my religious beliefs. [Smile]

Anyway, they were the newer Voyager style escape pods from "Year of Hell." A ship name was given, but I can't remember it at the moment. And since the ship was burning up in the distant background, you couldn't really make out detail. I'd bet it was yet another reuse of the Majestic mesh.

Since the Enterprise scene was literally a screenshot from Generations, the shuttles were as seen in the movie, with the two Farragut shuttles and Enterprise Type 6s and 7s.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Starship Millennium:
I refuse to say Miranda class on basis of my religious beliefs.

You just did.
Blasphemer!!

quote:
Anyway, they were the newer Voyager style escape pods from "Year of Hell." A ship name was given, but I can't remember it at the moment. And since the ship was burning up in the distant background, you couldn't really make out detail. I'd bet it was yet another reuse of the Majestic mesh.
Where on the ship are the escape pods coming from? Or is it impossible to tell with the pods streaking past the foreground with the ship burning in the background?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Starship Millennium
Member # 822

quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
You just did.
Blasphemer!!

Perhaps I should rephrase that. I refuse to call the Reliant's class Miranda on basis of religious beliefs, and can't call it Avenger here because I'll have about 47 people running to me with their Star Trek Encyclopedias chanting "Canon! Canon!" [Smile]
quote:
Where on the ship are the escape pods coming from? Or is it impossible to tell with the pods streaking past the foreground with the ship burning in the background?
A bunch of them are landing on a mountainous moon of a ringed planet, with the ship burning up in the distant (I mean distant) background. For whatever it's worth, the ship is intact except for a nacelle on fire and is missing a name and a registry. (According to the caption the name is Antonov or something... I'm still not sure.)
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps