Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The phantom ship at DS9 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The phantom ship at DS9
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. It's an Akira. Remember, this ship looks very different from certain angles - after all, remember the scene of one popping over the top of the E-E in First Contact and firing torpedoes? We thought that was a Norway!

------------------
"I also received an interesting, if some-what perplexing, note from a 13-year-old lad who asked if I "had a clue." I fear I cannot adequately answer, as I am not aware of any immediate clues at hand; but that is not to say there are none present." - T. Herman Zweibel

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the majority is right this time. Still, the view is somewhat distorted. The vidcap shows a kind of reflection (from the catamaran hull?) in the forward saucer area. I don't see it in my copy, where the hump / two humps begin about in the middle of the saucer.
Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely an Akira. Wonky angle.

There was a Sabre in TMF!! And I taped over it!!

------------------
If no-one will play with me, then I'm going home,and I'm bringing the inflatible with me.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, an Akira for sure... funny angle at which the saucer looks elongated.

------------------
Garak: "I do apologize. You must be incensed. In fact, if I were in your shoes, I'd... grab a bottle of champagne and shoot me." (DS9: "Our Man Bashir")

Pedro
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Case closed, sorry Bernd.

The lighting and angle aren't quite right, but these are definitely the same ship.

[This message was edited by Pedro on May 27, 1999.]

IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that top picture of an Akira a 3d pic.

I was gonna say just a plain Akira too, since you can see the little 'divot' at the front of the saucer section - something which an Intrepid doesn't have.

also, thats a Steamrunner and a Sabre - where is that bloody Norway (:

------------------
"I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die, while you discuss this invasion in a committee" Queen Amidala - Star Wars: Episode 1, The Phantom Menace

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've finally convinced me, Pedro.

------------------
"No, thanks. I've had enough. One more cup and I'll jump to warp." (Janeway, asked if she would like some coffee in "Once upon a Time")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Pedro
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Andrew, it's the scifi-art Akira. Sorry, I meant to say that in the first place...
IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps