Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » ENT Romulan BoP (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ENT Romulan BoP
Anduril
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And mess with perfection?!

http://www.the-submatrix.co.uk/starfleet-command/GalacticFringe/post/bop.jpg

Yes I was refering to the cgi pic in the article. I'll stick with the "unflattering" description as kids may be reading.

I hope no one got paid for it however.

IP: Logged
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I agree. Though doing the same treatment to the Bird of Prey, like they did to the E-nil and D-7 in DS9 would be nice.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, now that we've got reliable diagrams to get the ship's proportions, can anyone who's got a bit more of a practiced eye make some calculations on the pre-BOP's size?

I may be remembering wrong, but I seem to recall that the last shot with the pre-BOP behind the ship was after dialogue had said that it was closing to 500 meters -- which is basically 2 ship lengths for the NX-01.

Based on that, it looks like the pre-BOP might be approximately 1.5 times the length of the NX-01.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought around 300 meters. So iguess that sounds right.
Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
So, now that we've got reliable diagrams to get the ship's proportions, can anyone who's got a bit more of a practiced eye make some calculations on the pre-BOP's size?

I've done a bit of a structural analysis and I've come to ~200m as the length of the ENT BoP.

Does anyone here have contact with Eaves? He'd be the one to get a definitive design size from.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Anduril
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would definately like that 200 meter measurement better.
IP: Logged
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why so much bigger than the TOS version? (68m according to the Starship Spotter and 131m according to Bernd.) [Confused]
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
I always thought around 300 meters. So iguess that sounds right.

300 meters would make it bigger than the TOS BoP for sure.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Why so much bigger than the TOS version? (68m according to the Starship Spotter and 131m according to Bernd.) [Confused]

I pretty much agree with Bernd on the size of the TOS BoP (140m according to my measurements of the Encyclopedia charts) and, at 200m, the main body of the ENT BoP would be the same size. Notice how the nacelles are much longer and the pylons swing further fwd on the ENT Bird -- the result being an overall longer ship, yet the volume would be almost the same.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps